x

EGift Card Balance

I am curious how a customer can check there giftcard balance ?  From my looking online and in this forum it does not appear that option is avaialble but would be a great feature.

It would be nice if I could put a link on my site where users could enter their gift card number and it would show the remaining balance.  

If there is something I am missing and this option is already available I appologize but could someone please tell me how to use this feature.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

This also be a nice feature for phyical gift cards. If Square had a website for this and we could link to from our company site.

Message 2 of 8

agree.... i know the information is the in the database by their email address as if I pull up a customer in my directory I can see a stored gift card on file just can't see the balance and the customer can't see it at all ..... we just need a UI to give access to our customers to view that data 🙂 

Message 3 of 8

Hey @GreyhoundNails and @perkits

This is an interesting topic, you can check the balance of an eGift Card the same way as a physical gift card. But we don't have a way for customers to check their balance without contacting you. This is a great feature request that could eliminate some awkward interactions or phone calls. Also I see how it could save the both of you time!

I will make sure to pass this feedback along to our product team. If I have any updates I will make sure to update this thread. 😀

Message 4 of 8
Alumni

@GreyhoundNails @perkits Customers of eGift Cards can check their balance if they click on the original link in the eGift Card email. We are working on better ways to share this balance with customers. 

Message 5 of 8

this is really frustrating and, frankly, absurd. i should be able to look up (and even print, gasp!) an egift balance quickly. i have the customer's name, their email, the last 4 of their egift card #, yet i cannot tell her, while she's standing in line ready to pay, what her balance is. why is it so hard?

i had to:

- go to "customers," look her up, click on her name
- scroll down to "additional information" for the date of the egift purchase
- leave "customers," go to "transactions" and search by date
- click on each transaction from the list to find the one with those last 4 digits, make note of the original balance

- go back to "customers," click on her name again
- scroll down to her transactions
- click "show more"
- add them up manually and subtract that total from the original balance, and click on each one to make sure she didn't also pay for some of those transactions with a different method of payment.

- contact her to tell her the balance.

Message 6 of 8

How can I see the Egift card balance ideally from the customer file where they are showing as cards on file? When checking out customers they constantly ask and I dont have alot of time to go searching. If I dont have and the customer doesnt have the full gift card number how can this quickly and easily be done? 

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @SMW,

I moved your post to an existing thread where other sellers had the same question.

See the answers above for more details. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8