x

NF525 certification for version 4.80

Hey

Now the NF525 certificate has become available on Wednesday for Square up, I have started using for the Buisness I work for in France as well as my business in the UK

One of our ipads is still running 4.79 but I noticed that two have updated to 4.80 when they were turned on this morning

Is the 4.80 still legal or is there a way to downgrade the tablets to 4.79 if not as weve just spent over 1000€ on printers and 3 barcode scanners to use the software

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

That is a good question.  @Tom, does the certificate you linked to in this post continue to be valid as the app updates or is there a new one for each app version?

Message 2 of 6
Admin

Good question, indeed. Thanks for surfacing, @jamescranston, and for looping me in, @VanKalkerFarms. Let me run this by some of our global team members for more information. We'll circle back as soon as we have clarity. Appreciate your patience!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 6
Admin

Update: Yes, you're all set to go. There's no way to revert to previous versions of the app, but—good news—app version 4.79 and later are compliant. For more details, have a look at this post: France -- is Square POS certifiably compliant with the new French law (January 2018)?

Hope this helps clear things up. If you have any other questions or concerns about this, please let me know.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

@Tom, Maybe that post should be updated to say 4.79 and later or something to that extent.

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Good call, @VanKalkerFarms. I went ahead and made sure that the post is updated to be more clear about the app versions. Appreciate you bringing this to our attention and thanks for your patience! 🙏🏻

️ Tom | he/him
Message 6 of 6