x

Can I add a cash transaction at a later date?

I want to add a cash transaction at a later date for reporting purposes only.  Is this possible?

Message 1 of 45
2 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

Not at this time, @Basketcrazy. There isn't a way to add or edit past transactions, but I know that would be useful. I'll share the feedback with our product team and update this thread if that changes in the future!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 45
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @AERM1 - Currently, there are no plans to implement this feature. You can read more on why at Can I backdate or edit a transaction?

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 34 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Square

Best Answer

Not at this time, @Basketcrazy. There isn't a way to add or edit past transactions, but I know that would be useful. I'll share the feedback with our product team and update this thread if that changes in the future!

Message 2 of 45

When will this feature be available? Not having the ability to input cash payments at a later date seems ludacris, especially since I don't have staff to do this for me. 

Message 3 of 45

Currently we don't have a time line we can share regarding this feature request, @Rayahmora. I will pass your feedback along to our product team! If his changes in the future I will make sure to update the thread.

Message 4 of 45

This spoke my mind so well I'm not even leaving a separate comment. Upvote for sure!

Message 5 of 45

I know you stated Square is working on it, is there an approximate date for when this feature will be released? 

Message 6 of 45

Square has no intention of allowing us to edit this field because it will create havoc and they won't admit to it. The solution is so simple. It is simply a date field in the database that defaults to today's date. Allowing us to edit creates a support nightmare.

Message 7 of 45

This thread is super old, have there been any updates since then? This would be incredibly helpful for reporting.

Message 8 of 45

Basically for 7+ years Square has been saying “we’re never going to implement this feature.” It doesn’t matter how much sellers need it or explain why it’s needed. Their answer is no. 

Winter is my slow season, and I plan to find another POS system then. 

Message 9 of 45

This is something I need to do as we neglected to add several transactions from a few days ago. this is a real problem for us

Message 10 of 45

I am having the same issue! As a small business, occasionally cash payments fall by the wayside in the Square app when things get busy. I would like to add a few cash payments to my report from a few days ago, but there doesn't seem to be an option to do this. Very frustrating indeed. 

Message 11 of 45

Is there a way to go in to a day's sales report and add in sales? I catered an employee party for a company, and was paid by check a few days after the event. I didn't use register to track sales, but want revenue to show on the date of the event.

Message 12 of 45

I would like to add a me too! to this question. Please consider an option to add later cash sales to a specific date so will account correctly. Also an optin to edit a receipt for some things such as category or location. Really need to be able to do this to maintain correct records as receipts do not always get entered correctly. thanks

Message 13 of 45

Me Too!

Message 14 of 45

Me too!  Please add this option asap if you can.

Message 15 of 45

Agreed.  I need this feature as well! Any status updates on whether and when this will be available?

Message 16 of 45

Hey @JoyCakes, no updates yet. I will make sure to flag your post for the product team though! 

If anything changes I will make sure to update the thread. 😃

Message 17 of 45

Please add my name to the list to receive this update.  I'm confused: how can I accurately keep track of inventory through Square if I cannot enter cash transactions?

Message 18 of 45
Admin

Hey @alicia830, thanks for getting in touch.

You can still enter in cash payments, though they can't be backdated. You can also adjust your inventory manually when necessary. We do not have any updates on the ability to backdate, but be sure to subscribe to any topics that you want to keep an eye on — you'll receive a notification as soon as any news come through.

Hope this helps for now!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 19 of 45

When will this update occure?? It seems clients have been asking for your team to resolve this issue for over a yr and a half?

This should have been added by now this is an essential part of day to day operations. This is poor service considering the percentage rates that are being charged. Please stop beating around the bush, I does not appear to be proffesional business

practices to respond that your team is working on it and this far down the road have still to come to a resolution? 

Message 20 of 45

Its simply a field in the database. Right now it defaults to today's date. If it were changed to allow any date, chaos would reign. It would take about 2 minutes to make this change.

Message 21 of 45