x

I've used "other" as my payment option when I comp someone's meal. Is it being reported as income?

I have been using "Other" payment type when I comp someone's purchase or when we donate a gift card. I'm wondering  now if this is incorrect. Is this being reported as "income" ? Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can use comp and void to give free meals. More info here: When to Use Comp or Void.

You can 100% discount a gift card at checkout while loading a gift card and put say $25 on the card while charging $25 with 100% discount.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

yes, "other" is income.  "Other" is used for taking checks, or gift certificates etc and is just another category of payments like cash and credit card.

Message 2 of 4

Thank you for your quick reply 🙂 We are actually using TouchBistro as our POS, but are trying to switch over to use Square for both POS & payment processor. Do you have a recommendation how to enter something that we donate like a gift card or a free meal then ? 🙂

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can use comp and void to give free meals. More info here: When to Use Comp or Void.

You can 100% discount a gift card at checkout while loading a gift card and put say $25 on the card while charging $25 with 100% discount.

Message 4 of 4