x

Re-Assign Transactions to Correct Employee

I have an employee who completed a trasaction yesterday under another employee's name by accident. Is there a way to re-assign this transaction to the correct employee from my square dashboard so the correct person get credit for the sale and tip?

Message 1 of 38
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Only way to change this is to return and rering the sale. If this is a credit card sale I wouldn’t. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Only way to change this is to return and rering the sale. If this is a credit card sale I wouldn’t. 

Message 2 of 38

Im trying to add two cash payments that one of my 1099 contractors took in cash for a service. He did not understand the app at the moment & failed to report it

Message 3 of 38
Admin

Hey @AnytimeCarUnloc🚗

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community 

After a transaction is completed, you cannot edit it whatsoever, which means you cannot adjust the employee who processed the transaction or assign it to an employee. 

The only way to correct this would be to refund the transaction and have the employee process it again. This is not ideal, but because it was a cash transaction, it would be less confusing than if it were credit. Sorry about that! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 38

Thank you for clarifying that.

I might have to look for a new app to manage employees on the field. My business primarily consists of 1099 contractors out on call all day going from place to place assisting others & it gets really hard to track them with such limited capabilities.

Message 5 of 38

As of today, this is not true.  We are considering Square payroll but it appears we will not use it as I cannot adjust commission after the transaction is rung up incorrectly.  It is a cash transaction, refunded minutes after it occurred and the commission was not adjusted out.

I would post a screen shot but it's not allowed in the chat box.

Message 6 of 38

One of our employees rang his sales on a different user ID (sale person)- How can we manually adjust the sales to assign specific transactions to a different team member
Message 7 of 38
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Keris! Welcome to the Seller Community!! I've merged your post to an existing thread that will help answer your question, but definitely let me know if you have any more. I'm here to help. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 38
Beta Member

Any update on this? This is super important. Several employees work on one client in my salon. Not being able to switch/split who receives credit for the sale is causing HUGE issues for accounting.

Message 9 of 38

I agree. The inability to switch the employee is causing major issues. I may consider switching to another POS system at this point. 

Message 10 of 38

Agreed! Please make this a top feature request! Weve had employees in training for the past couple months but since they didnt have their full permissions, some of their transactions were rang out under a shared account and not attributed correctly to them. Impossible to manage commission-based employees

Message 11 of 38
Beta Member

I agree!

Message 12 of 38

Agreed!  This is soooo frustrating!

Message 13 of 38
Beta Member

Crazy that this is such an issue for Square.

Message 14 of 38
Beta Member

Can Square provide an update on this? When will the feature be available? It makes no sense this has taken so long.

Message 15 of 38

Is there a way to assign unassigned tabs to users?  

Message 16 of 38

Any updates to this? This is beyond annoying. Having the ability to adjust the rep after the sale seems like an easy update. 

Message 17 of 38
Beta Member

This has been requested since 2017..... 4 years and this is still not solved? I'm extremely disappointed that Square continues to disregard input from customers. 

Message 18 of 38
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @user12039123 👋

No updates on this one but I will flag it once again hoping that our product team is able to take it into consideration when working on future updates.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 19 of 38

We also would be benefitted with a feature such as this. We are currently tracking manually, and really need the ability to be able to re-assign tickets to the correct person. 

Message 20 of 38
Beta Member

We have a similar situation.  I have one employee who clocked-out but apparently didn't log out after her shift.  Transactions (and hence tips) were attributed to her when they should have gone to the follow-on employee.  There is apparently no way to re-attribute the transactions to the correct employee who was on duty and took the payment.  To hear "After a transaction is completed, you cannot edit it whatsoever, which means you cannot adjust the employee who processed the transaction or assign it to an employee. " is completely unacceptable.  Judging from the thread, Square users have been asking for this for quite some time now (4 plus years).  I'm already looking at switching over to a different system for some of my points of sale and have opened an account to test it out. You need to fix this! 

Message 21 of 38