x
Beta Member

Does Square support Estimates / Proposals? This would be super helpful to my business...

We are a home-services based company (plumbing and HVAC).  We love using square for all transactions, but feel it is sometimes (frustratingly) limited!  Our field-based technicians provide "Estimates" or "Proposals" to our customers.  This is not currently something square supports, but it would be excellent if it was a reality.  Seems to me it could be just another "payment option."  Our technician's would build a transaction using the items and have the opportunity to select "estimate" as a payment option.  This way our customers would have all the information they need to make a decision.  

OMG! Please make this happen!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

Estimating and Proposals is a whole new direction and one I don't see Square going into.  However, there are a few third party apps that do just that and work with square.  You can find them in the Apps tab on the Dashboard.

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

I dont see this as a "whole new direction", rather I see it a simple change in the options at the "checkout" screen.  Currently I can choose payment option or Invoice.  Why not just add another choice called Estimate / Proposal.  This can be done pretty easily (I have no basis in reality for making this claim... but seems straight forward...)

Message 3 of 3