x

Using Square with Current Wordpress Site

We were wondering if there was any way that Square could be integrated with our current wordpress site.

The reasons we do not want to use the square website are that it does not seem like you can edit HTML on the square store, so we cannot implement tracking tools such as google analytics, facebook pixels, etc.

We tried using 3rd party systems to implement woocommerce on our wordpress site with square but none of them work properly. 

Do you have any suggestions to make our life easier? We will be opening a big store both online and on site in 6 days. We do not want to have to run two different POS systems. We also take appointments at the studio so it would be nice to have the appointmets integrated into the site as well. 

Thank you for your time. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best, 

Message 1 of 54
2 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

Apologies I didn't see your post sooner @onfleekstudio, but I do have some good news for you:

We now integrate with Woocommerce! 

Check out our Town Square Blog post for more information about the integration. If it sounds like a good solution for you, you can get started from your Apps page in the Dashboard.

Hope that helps!

View Best Answer >

Message 16 of 54

Best Answer

@60W18A  / @joscielu - This is years late but I just experienced the same issue as you with the embed code taking over the Elementor editor. I figured out a solution on my own. Hopefully, this fix will work for anyone else who runs into this problem in the future.

1) Use the Firefox browser to log in to your WordPress website, then edit your desired page via the Elementor editor.

2) Once in the Elementor editor, quickly right-click the page and select 'Navigator' from Elementor's tool pop-up. You must do this quickly otherwise the embedded code/element will take over the page.

3) Use the Navigator to select and delete the section that has the embed code. Make sure to Update/Save the page, then refresh. You should now be able to view and edit your page correctly in Elementor.

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

We just launched an art gallery online and used WordPress to develop the site. Is there a way (plugin?) that will accept Square payments and tie to the inventory, etc?

Message 2 of 54
Alumni

Thanks for writing in, @tlpark. And congrats on your online art gallery!

Although I can see how it'd be useful for you to add Square payments to your website, embedding (the term for this) from your Square Online Store isn't available right now.

If you're interested in a third party e-commerce solution that'll work with Square, we do integrate seamlessly with Bigcommerce (https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5494) and Weebly (https://squareup.com/help/article/5495).

Hope that helps!

Message 3 of 54

I would like to know the same thing currently lookng at replacing a rather annoying shopping cart and like squares streamlined interface and reasonable pricing.

Message 4 of 54
Square

Our new API program may be exactly what you are looking for! With our E-commerce API, you can take payments with Square on your own website and customize. 

As for your Appointments integration, you can embed your booking site directly onto your personal website to allow your customers to book appointments. You can add your appointment services to your website by using your embed code or creating a widget and adding it to your website.

To post your embed code to your website:

1. Log in to your Square Appointments account.
2. Click *Online Booking* > *Website Embed*.
3. Copy the code and paste it on your personal site.

To create a widget and add it to your website:

1. Log in to your Square Appointments account.
2.  Click *Online Booking* > *Website Embed*.
3. Under Advances Options, click Create Advanced Widget.
4. Click on Create New Widget.
5. Customize the widget and click Save.
6. Copy the embed code and paste it on your personal site.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. I’m happy to help.

Message 5 of 54

The conversion tracking outside of square is still a very large issue with the platform there are other merchant services that can  help with this and it is something i am currently in search for aswell

Message 6 of 54
Square

@rmm Thanks so much for the feedback, it's the only way we can get better. 👍🏻

On that note, I haven't heard a lot of discussion around this particular suggestion. Would you mind providing a little more details about what the ideal feature would look like for you?  

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 7 of 54

I used the embed code, but it doesnt seem to be filling the available space.

I attached a screenshot showing how it fits into my blank page. We are using Squarespace however, not WP.

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 4.29.00 PM.png

Message 8 of 54

The embedding code worked, but now Elementor is frozen with the embedded section and I can't edit anything on that page. 

Message 9 of 54
Admin

Sorry to hear that the page is frozen @60W18A. WooCommerce's support team should be able to help you to troubleshoot this to get you back up and running if you reach out them directly.  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 54

Did you find a solution for this? I'm currently having the same issue

Message 11 of 54
Alumni

Have you tried reaching out to WooCommerce yet, @joscielu? Their support team should be able to help get things looking right. We can also try to loop in @60W18A here to see if they have any tips from their experience integrating Square and WooCommerce! 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 54

Best Answer

@60W18A  / @joscielu - This is years late but I just experienced the same issue as you with the embed code taking over the Elementor editor. I figured out a solution on my own. Hopefully, this fix will work for anyone else who runs into this problem in the future.

1) Use the Firefox browser to log in to your WordPress website, then edit your desired page via the Elementor editor.

2) Once in the Elementor editor, quickly right-click the page and select 'Navigator' from Elementor's tool pop-up. You must do this quickly otherwise the embedded code/element will take over the page.

3) Use the Navigator to select and delete the section that has the embed code. Make sure to Update/Save the page, then refresh. You should now be able to view and edit your page correctly in Elementor.

Message 13 of 54

This is a great answer, glad I stumbled across it. I wanted to find an Appointment booking product to use on Wordpress and also Google and social, looks like this should work.

Message 14 of 54
Square Community Moderator

This is great to hear, @MarkCowell! Let us know if anything comes up! We are here to help.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 54
Square

Best Answer

Apologies I didn't see your post sooner @onfleekstudio, but I do have some good news for you:

We now integrate with Woocommerce! 

Check out our Town Square Blog post for more information about the integration. If it sounds like a good solution for you, you can get started from your Apps page in the Dashboard.

Hope that helps!

Message 16 of 54

Do you not have a plugin that can be used on a wordpress site as paypal does? I have a wordpress site, not woo commerce, and would like to have an enbed code/buy button using square.

Thanks

jim

Message 17 of 54

Didn't help at all. I have several websites hosted on Wordpress and not converting them from Wordpress to any other format. At this point for me its Wordpress or I won't be able to use you for processing. 

Message 18 of 54
Admin

Hey @jimstrickland and @cbigfoot, thanks for taking the time to share your website needs here. If our e-commerce and API option isn't a good fit right now, please keep in touch for updates. While we don't have access to a specific timeline for when more options may be unlocked for WordPress, I'll be sharing your experience with our product liaison team. We're constantly working to improve our products based on seller feedback. Thank you again!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 19 of 54

I much prefer your service over PayPal and others. It is very easy to use Square on a mobil devise but the process and cost of adding you to my website is really too much. Why not produce a WordPress plugin as PayPal did? It is as simple as activating the plugin and entering a customer code to activate and then a one button system for adding items. Everything is attached to a shopping cart and ends at the checkout process. You would be surprised how many would use it.

Message 20 of 54

Hello @rjm1050, welcome to the Seller Community! We currently do offer an integration with WooCommerce. Take a look at Spensers answer on the first page. 

Message 21 of 54