x

Customer is upset she received email from us

My customer is livid because she received an email from us theough the Marketing campaign automated emails. She said she did not give us her email (and I do not have it) and that we used one she provided to Square. 

Why is this customer receiving our campaigns when she didn't sign up for them? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about the trouble. 

As part of our customer privacy policy, we don’t share your customers’ email addresses or full contact information.

Sellers are able to reach out using our Marketing tool if they're a "Reachable Customer", but all email addresses remain confidential.

Square automatically adds profiles to your Reachable Customers group when a customer:

• Visits your business at least once in the last 12 months
  • Pays with a credit or debit card
  • Elects to receive a digital receipt via email

If your customer doesn't want to receive marketing emails, they can unsubscribe at any time. 

To do so:

1. Go to the email campaign received, scroll to the bottom and click Unsubscribe.
  2. Confirm the email address and click Unsubscribe.

This won't affect their receipt preferences. 

Your customer is more than welcome to reach out to us via email or check out our Privacy Policy if they need more clarification. 

Message 2 of 4

Thank you! Is there a way to setup Campaigns and they NOT include Reachable customers? I would prefer they only go to customers who have actually signed up with us specifically. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

You can accomplish this by setting up your Marketing Campaign Audience to only be sent to a specific group. 

I recommend importing the list of customers that you've added manually and create a group for those customers specifically. 

You can then select that group to be targeted for your email campaigns going forward. 

Message 4 of 4