Labels
Post an Idea

Vote on Features

What new features and improvements to Weebly do you want to see?
Post your ideas and cool stuff you want us to make here. Check out our submission guidelines.

0 Kudos

Currently, Weebly sends out an email only if the Settings for Members checkbox for "Requires approval" is selected. In this manner, I have to approve each and every person's email coming as a "visitor" to the site. But what about is someone registers at 2 am because of their job or situation at home? Right now, they have to wait until I'm able to approve them.

Consider making a change to send out an email as "Just FYI" on intial registration without having to approve. Then once I get a chance to see who's registered, I can "disapprove or delete the email address" if it appears to be an unwanted email.

0 Kudos

development ideas

by heritageofbohem on ‎05-07-2016 03:55 AM

When building my new webstore, i have come accross many faults. We are selling vintage beads, buttons, jewelry etc and have many variations on a theme. 

• can not search SKU's with hyphenation in
  • SKU's do not show in product page
  • can not search product page by category
  • can not bulk edit any useful options in the product page, i.e prices, categories, title, SKU
  • copying a product for a new similar listing does not copy the long description
  • can not change TAX to VAT wording in checkout and onvoicing(useful for European sellers)
  • multivariation listing- can not add specifics i.e blue 6mm $4; green 5mm $3.00 etc etc. Nowhere near enough complexity in the options.
  • the search box function does not work. If i am searching for buttons, no problem, If i am searching for red buttons, i get everything showing that is red and a button. Search for red glass button and all items that are red, glass or a button show up. 
  • Nowhere near enough e commerce themes and nowhere near enough options for color schemes within.

Considering, these are all easy developmental improvements, i wish Weebly would sort them. Look at Etsy's very simple design to follow!

thank you

0 Kudos

Flexibility on data provided at checkout

by timrunsandbikes on ‎05-06-2016 11:58 AM - last edited on ‎05-06-2016 02:05 PM by Employee Moderator

I'm trying to use Weebly for an opt-in to a free mp3 dowload. All well ad good but 2 problems:

Problem 1. I thought it would be straightforward to create a zero cost product. It is! But unfortunately when going through checkout process visitors have to give, name, address, telephone as well as email.  It's a problem because it massively reduces conversions. I know because it stops me! I had 117 visits to the download page with just 4 conversions.

My suggestion is that in order to faciltate free items used for opt-in, Weebly allows a choice of visitor data and most essential is to allow just the use of an email address.

Problem 2. I created a link to a download on a hidden page, using the email part of the contact form. Great you say! Until you try to download this on a mobile device/tablet. It just plays with no download facility (ok on desktop/laptop as one canright click

HELP!!!! If this simple step canno be sorted then your new email service is going to struggle as I wont have anyone in my list to email!

cheers

Tim

0 Kudos

Blog options: Move to top of page button & more

by soap on ‎05-05-2016 02:31 PM - last edited on ‎05-05-2016 03:20 PM by Employee Moderator

Hi

My blog posts are fairly long and I would love a 'move back to top' button when a reader reaches the end of a post. Scrolling is tiresome and people don't bother

I would also love to be able to edit the layout of the blog page. For example why can't I add any elements to the main page - but only the sidebar? I would love to add some text, such as a title saying 'My Blog'. Or a short introduction. 

Please let us edit the font and colour of blog links - just like on the rest of the site. The links on my whole website are colour x but on my blog I cannot edit them so they are the template's default. And it looks bad.... who wants bright orange links anyway. The same applies for the social links - Please let us change colour. They are orange for crying out loud!! Smiley Wink

Thanks!

recurring payments

by TheSampleManBox on ‎05-05-2016 09:22 AM - last edited on ‎05-05-2016 10:34 AM by Employee Moderator

I have a website that offers subscription boxes for guys and have no way to set up recurring payments from the Weebly settings . 

Could Weebly add a reacquiring payment option so we may offer subscriptions to customers.

Hey @TheSampleManBox! We're currently considering this feature - feel free to add your kudos to this older suggestion post:

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/Subscription-Feature/idi-p/3520

0 Kudos

webcam

by Pixelvt on ‎05-05-2016 03:57 AM - last edited on ‎05-05-2016 08:57 AM by Employee Moderator

To be able to insert video or even JPG's at some frequency into a website

0 Kudos

FIX "LEAVE A REPLY" BLOG PROBLEM PLEASE!

by cindykolbe on ‎05-04-2016 02:21 PM - last edited on ‎05-04-2016 02:43 PM by Employee Moderator

I am a blogger who is losing comments because of a problem with the "Leave a Reply" boxes. After a friend types in their name and email, they intend to tab past the website box to the write in the comment box. Some are hitting the tab button one time too many, which automatically submits their reply without a comment! THIS COULD EASILY BE SOLVED BY ONLY ALLOWING THE INFO. IN THE BOXES TO SUBMIT WHEN THE SUBMIT BUTTON IS CLICKED!!!

0 Kudos

Twitter Characters

by readRS on ‎05-04-2016 09:20 AM - last edited on ‎05-04-2016 09:28 AM by Employee Moderator

I'd love it if you could work on a character count for the tweet sent after publishing a new blog post.  One that counts the partial URL, too.

0 Kudos

Client editing of specific elements in a page

by thealamenthe on ‎05-04-2016 07:07 AM - last edited on ‎05-04-2016 08:57 AM by Employee Moderator

My client wants to update the home page of her site to place notices, events, News etc.. . I provided Editing privileges for the Home page from the Designer Platform but that opens up the whole page for potential changes as all the Builder's functions are available to my client. I would like to see a way to lock areas of the page and only allow editing of an element such as a specific Text element.

INCLUDE PAGE POP-UP OPTION!

by localtrends on ‎05-03-2016 10:40 AM - last edited on ‎05-03-2016 10:48 AM by Employee Moderator

I would like the ability to have an option to convert a page to become a pop-up window, like toggle it on and off, and be able to customize and adjust width/height, opacity, and other settings, as well as drag any elements into it such as images, maps, text, and so on. This would be very useful for me because sometimes you want to place things in compact view without the user having to scroll down endlessly on a page. Hope you take it into consideration. Thx (-:

Export products

by QDavis on ‎05-03-2016 08:46 AM - last edited on ‎05-03-2016 09:23 AM by Employee Moderator

There should be a way to export products from the online store so it could be imported into another Weebly account if necessary.

0 Kudos

different layout of the Image Gallery

by bh on ‎05-03-2016 04:20 AM - last edited on ‎05-03-2016 08:39 AM by Employee Moderator

The gallery should have the choice like slide show, with different layout option. Slide show can have a big image and several small ones at the bottom. But the gallery does not have this kind of choice, all photos in gallery has the same size of the image. The problem of slide show is that it is hard to get through the firewall, while gallery does not have this kind of problem. It is really helpful to have variety of the layout. 

Subscriptions

by Th5 on ‎05-01-2016 11:54 AM - last edited on ‎05-02-2016 09:52 AM by Employee Moderator

Allowing recurring payments for subscriptions to be created in the storefront would be very beneficial. Most payment companies already allow/have this feature. Yet the way payment methods are integrated into Weebly it is impossible to utilize these options created by the payment companies within the storefront. 

We're actually already considering this feature; feel free to add your kudos to an early suggestion for it:

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/Subscription-Feature/idi-p/3520

Collapse pages on the left site of the editor dashboard

by dO on ‎04-28-2016 01:23 PM - last edited on ‎04-29-2016 10:13 AM by Employee Moderator

Hello !

Why don't you do with the pages area in the editor dashboard the same thing you have done on the html editor ?
Please give the possibility to collapse the subpages. Create folders or similar.
When you have many many pages and subpages it is difficult to scroll and move the pages. 

Schermata 2016-04-28 alle 22.05.38.png             Schermata 2016-04-28 alle 22.01.18.png
Thank you!

Hey @dO! This was actually suggested by another member of the community.  I'd recommend you add kudos to that post! 

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/Fix-the-Page-Navigation-in-Editor-Collapsible-Pages...

0 Kudos

Introduce a Hybrid Web App creator platform

by stevecomweebly on ‎04-27-2016 04:38 PM - last edited on ‎04-29-2016 10:19 AM by Employee Moderator

Suggestion: Introduce a Weebly platform to create Hybrid Web Apps.

Hybrid Web Apps: a responsive website that look and feel of a mobile native app and have the power to use the mobile device's internal functions eg GPS and camera.

Mobile native apps undoubtedly is challenging the domain once dominated by the website. the native apps seem to be a 'must have' as part of a web presence strategy.

Now with more powerful web technologies, this exclusive mobile native app developers' club is being is being diluted by hybrid web apps. That are websites that have the look and feel of a mobile native app and have the power to use the mobile device's functions like GPS and camera. But these apps are developed using standard codes for websites.

If Weebly can introduce a platform in addition to the Designer and Normal platform to create Hybrid Web Apps, we can then take on the so called mobile native App craze.

We as designers can on-sell website PLUS a web app extending both Weebly's revenue base as well as ours.

Check this blog

0 Kudos

Present a list of files for download and allow users to select what they want

by PaulS on ‎04-27-2016 12:48 PM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 02:18 PM by Employee Moderator

My business client needs to offer more than 50 downloadable files. His clients don't want to download them one by one as its so time-consuming - they want to select those they want (perhaps using check boxes or similar) then perform a bulk download of all those selected - ideally in a zip format.

0 Kudos

Adding products to store via data feed

by iOrbit on ‎04-27-2016 11:46 AM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 02:18 PM by Employee Moderator

It would be really nice to be able to connect the store to a data feed and it'll automatically reflect in the store. adding products to the store manually or through a CSV file wastes lots of time especially when you have hundreds of products to add.

Can Weebly development team work on this feature?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

re-sending emails that are not delivered

by Merrilee on ‎04-27-2016 09:35 AM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 11:05 AM by Employee Moderator

I have had a couple of experiences with entering a new contact and getting the email address wrong -- easy to do, people have some weird emails!  This happened recently and apparently there is no provision for re-sending a corrected email without it counting towards my limit of 5 emails per month.  I urge Weebly to add in a way to do this.  (And of course I'm trying to be really careful when entering emails!)

0 Kudos

JSON

by jackiephelps on ‎04-26-2016 09:46 AM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 11:08 AM by Employee Moderator

I'm told that there isn't an element/app in Weebly that will allow me to place a JSON feed on one of my pages.  According to the help website for our community platform, RSS and JSON are the only ways to feed posts from that site to our main website.  The RSS feed looks so plain and terrible, so I can't use that; but I'm told JSON is not supported on Weebly website.  Can this be made available soon?  Or can someone help me find a work around for this?

Here's the help page if that provides more accurate information, since I don't know much about what I'm talking about on this topic. http://wiki.acstechnologies.com/display/TheCity/The+Plaza+JSON+API

0 Kudos

Open New Tab For Subpage(s)

by ArieK-SK on ‎04-26-2016 05:14 AM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 11:09 AM by Employee Moderator

When I open a subpage it overwrites the content of the open tab/window and that I don't appreciate. I think it is better when the content of a subpage should be placed in a new tab/window. At least when you are building a Weebly site you should have to choice in which way your subpage opens: overwriting content of new tab.