Labels
Post an Idea

Vote on Features

What new features and improvements to Weebly do you want to see?
Post your ideas and cool stuff you want us to make here. Check out our submission guidelines.

0 Kudos

re-sending emails that are not delivered

by Merrilee on ‎04-27-2016 09:35 AM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 11:05 AM by Employee Moderator

I have had a couple of experiences with entering a new contact and getting the email address wrong -- easy to do, people have some weird emails!  This happened recently and apparently there is no provision for re-sending a corrected email without it counting towards my limit of 5 emails per month.  I urge Weebly to add in a way to do this.  (And of course I'm trying to be really careful when entering emails!)

0 Kudos

JSON

by jackiephelps on ‎04-26-2016 09:46 AM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 11:08 AM by Employee Moderator

I'm told that there isn't an element/app in Weebly that will allow me to place a JSON feed on one of my pages.  According to the help website for our community platform, RSS and JSON are the only ways to feed posts from that site to our main website.  The RSS feed looks so plain and terrible, so I can't use that; but I'm told JSON is not supported on Weebly website.  Can this be made available soon?  Or can someone help me find a work around for this?

Here's the help page if that provides more accurate information, since I don't know much about what I'm talking about on this topic. http://wiki.acstechnologies.com/display/TheCity/The+Plaza+JSON+API

0 Kudos

Open New Tab For Subpage(s)

by ArieK-SK on ‎04-26-2016 05:14 AM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 11:09 AM by Employee Moderator

When I open a subpage it overwrites the content of the open tab/window and that I don't appreciate. I think it is better when the content of a subpage should be placed in a new tab/window. At least when you are building a Weebly site you should have to choice in which way your subpage opens: overwriting content of new tab.

0 Kudos

alphebetize the categories automatically

by JaneB on ‎04-25-2016 05:11 PM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 11:11 AM by Employee Moderator

It would be useful to be able to have the option to automatically alphebetize categories and subcategories.

0 Kudos

Scroll text for categories

by JaneB on ‎04-25-2016 05:10 PM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 11:11 AM by Employee Moderator

It would be great to have the ability to make the categories into a scroll list of text especially for use on mobile devices.

0 Kudos

Text associated with link

by JaneB on ‎04-25-2016 05:04 PM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 11:11 AM by Employee Moderator

It would in many cases be useful to have text associated with the link "hand" such as "click here for options". Currently there is no way to do this in Weebly.

0 Kudos

Uploaded Images should be Displayed

by RobynRoxanne on ‎04-25-2016 02:57 PM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 11:12 AM by Employee Moderator

When uploading images, they don't display.  I often use the same images and it would be helpful to have them display instead of the 'stock' images that appear each time I click on the 'upload image'.  Thank you

0 Kudos

Open New Window link

by KathyG on ‎04-24-2016 04:43 PM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 11:20 AM by Employee Moderator

Having to click the Open In New Window link each time I want to upload a file seems counterintuitive. Other platforms I use (such as Blogger) give you the opportunity to turn the option on or off in the Settings, which I think would be a great addition to Weebly.

0 Kudos

The ability to change a page type without redoing it all again

by Debzc3112 on ‎04-24-2016 03:39 PM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 11:21 AM by Employee Moderator

I've been directed here by a member of Weebly customer service so here goes.

I've spent days tweaking and perfecting a site for a restaurant. I went live today and now have all this rubbish after my .com. I didn't realise that the homepage was auto set as a store page and there is no way of changing it to a standard page without completely redoing it on a new standard page. Not every website is e-commerce. I don't want loads of text after my .com about categories and feature products.

Who else thinks you should be able to change a page type easily without having to redo it all? There's no point suggesting the copy option as I don't have that either :/

0 Kudos

Different URLs for subpages

by sohamb on ‎04-24-2016 12:37 PM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 11:22 AM by Employee Moderator

For example, on the about page, it's URL would be mywebsite.com/about. 

0 Kudos

Confirmation

by DBA on ‎04-24-2016 12:07 PM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 11:22 AM by Employee Moderator

It would be a very useful feature if it was possible to block someone going to a certain page unless they had filled out a form on the page before. A message could be generated saying something like "you need to complete the form on page 1 before you can proceed to page 2"

Any chance of the being available in the near future?

0 Kudos

The ability to add more than one layout on a single page

by Scene7 on ‎04-22-2016 02:01 PM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 11:24 AM by Employee Moderator

I was building some websites and I saw there is no way to add more than 1 layout on each page layouts help a lot to create websites faster and following a beautiful clean design sometimes a page can be larger than just one layout having the ability to use more than one layout could be extremely. When you got no time layouts can make the difference. So how come we can add only one layout on each page? Vote for this to create websites faster.

0 Kudos

Change a Post from a Blog Page to another Blog Page inside the same website

by AllScreens on ‎04-22-2016 07:21 AM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 11:26 AM by Employee Moderator

Hi!

I want to propose Weebly to give us the chance to change a post from a blog page to another inside the same website.

I have a website with my friends about series, cine and theatre and we are creating some new sections to organice our post better, but we can't change some post from the homepage to the new sections. Yesterday I contacted Weebly and they told me that they didn't have this kind of tools and that i have to do the changes manually. The problem is that there are so many post and photos and do it manually would be such work, so I ask them to do it for me (in case they have a tool that allows them to do it) and they told me that this was impossible.

For this reason, I highly reccomend to Weebly that they create a tool for us that allows any editor to change a post from a blog page to another.

0 Kudos

Ability to integrate shipping carrier functionality to the shopping cart

by Maz on ‎04-21-2016 02:58 PM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 11:27 AM by Employee Moderator

I would like the ability to integrate the shipping carriers we use into the shopping cart.  Right now I have to manually add each shipping weight and price for each shipping method we offer.  And then I have to manually add the extra cost for each state.  Well, shipping to Northern California does not cost the same as shipping to Southern California.So that aspect of the shipping is not accurate either.

0 Kudos

Export filtering options

by lora3677 on ‎04-21-2016 10:07 AM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 02:24 PM by Employee Moderator

I export the orders and import addresses into PayPal for shipping. The export doesn't seem to be in any particular order. I have dates mixed in with earlier dates (ex. 4/19, 4/19, 4/20, 4/19, 4/19, 4/18, 4/20). I can't seem to figure out the order in which you export. Since the Order # isn't sequential by any means and the dates aren't in order, it makes it very difficult to prepare for large shipments. I spend an hour putting the order sheets in alphabetical order, so they are in some sort of order I can control...

0 Kudos

Blog page navigation

by VickiW on ‎04-21-2016 07:36 AM

When someone clicks on a blog post header to go to that post (and maybe comment), they have to hit BACK to get back to the whole blog feed. It would be nice if there was some PREVIOUS and NEXT navigation on the blog post page so someone could easily page back and forth between blog posts.

0 Kudos

Auto Tax Generator

by dylansmithusa on ‎04-21-2016 06:45 AM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 02:24 PM by Employee Moderator

Adding tax in weebly store is such a long and costly process for a small business.  Please change.

I recently had to add Illinois and California sales tax.  You can't just put a flat tax rate, so you have to enter each zip code one by one.  These states combines was aruond 8,000 entries.  We had to hire an intern and it took them a week and a hald.  As a small business, that is super costly - both time and money.  

We just got word that we will have to start charging sales tax in every state and the process of adding every zip code in the USA could take up to a month.  

0 Kudos

Allow naked or bare domains

by HannahGay on ‎04-20-2016 07:04 PM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 02:25 PM by Employee Moderator

let us remove the www from domains - so that rather than http://www.mydomain.com we can use http://mydomain.com

0 Kudos

Shipping / Customer Data

by CAWD on ‎04-20-2016 05:30 PM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 02:25 PM by Employee Moderator

Carrier Direct shipping for those who have customers that get better rates then Shippo.

Import capability for Customer Data from previous ecommerce websites. 

0 Kudos

Mass mark all as shipped button

by GIVEMEGLOWCOSME on ‎04-19-2016 07:11 PM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 02:27 PM by Employee Moderator

I have many order and to go in and mark each as shipped is a hassle, especially when I get over 100 orders a week. Please make this happen.