x

Feature Request: Add Open Tickets feature to Square for Retail

Feature Request: Add Open Tickets feature to Square for Retail

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Is having an "Open Ticket" an option in Square for Retail?

Using Square for Retail, if  Customer #1 needs to leave the counter during a transaction, can I save or suspend their ticket while I ring up Customer #2, and then go back to complete customer #1's sale?

95 Comments
Beta Member

Super frustrating. We created tickets every day in our retail store. It was one of our most-used tools in the free app. Crazy that I'm paying and this is gone. And even more frustrating that it's 4 months since Square Support last posted about this. 

Admin

Hey @redstickspice, thank you for taking the time to check in and I'm sorry for the frustration. I went to look for updates on this request, but there still isn't anything that I can share out. Rest assured that I'll be surfacing your post with our Retail Team and point out that open tickets are vital for your business.

We'll circle back to this thread and update our Support Center as soon as any developments become available: How is Square for Retail different from Square Point of Sale?

OPEN TICKETS in square retail POS is the one thing holding me back from bring 3 businesses onboard right now.

We are also in great need of this feature for open tickets. We need a way to suspend a transaction, to save time in the future from repeating steps to complete the transaction. Is there an update? Is there a workaround? I heard mentions of switching back and forth to the POS app... have there been any succesful workarounds?

I own a computer repair company.  When a customer drops off a computer we do a diagnostic to assess what is wrong.  Once we determine the problem, ie: it needs parts etc, we need a way to put all the items and labor on a receipt and hold it until the customer comes in to pay, which could be a day or so later.  We are currently using the Ticket feature, which works fine.  However, I pay for the retail software, since the inventory management is so crucial.  I realize that the retail software doesn't have the ticket option.  Can I expect to ever see this become available or some way of putting a sale on hold?  Its rather frustrating that I pay all this money for the retail software and I can't even use it, outside of the backend inventory feature.

Admin

@llretail Thank you for sharing your interest in this. I'm afraid I don't have any updates on when Open Tickets will be available for Square for Retail but we definitely hear you!

In the meantime, yes you could use the the Open tickets feature with the Point of Sale app instead. Keep in mind that your stock count won't update until you close the ticket, and complete the sale.

Perhaps another seller can share their experience using this workaround here, we'd love to hear any feedback! 

Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: inlansolutions

@inlansolutions I've moved your post to this thread where we're keeping track of sellers' interest in using open tickets with Square for Retail.

I'm sorry that I can't share a timeline on when this feature will be available but as soon as we do we'll add a post to this thread so everyone is notified. 

Ok, thank you for your help.  Hopefully the team will come up with a solution.

I am also interested in inventory changes based on tickets and invoices.  Interested in knowing if progress has been made.  

Admin

Hey @kleinhk, thanks for checking in. There aren't any updates that I can access and share out right now, but I'd like to share more insight with our Point of Sale team. Can you reply with some more details on why this feature is important for your business and how you would use it?