x
Beta Member

Square Retail Simple Common sense feature request

The COGS and inventory control of retail makes it worthwhile IMHO over square POS.  I understand Retail app is still in its infancy of development however, a few workflow changes are really required.

Adding stock in app is a great idea, just poorly exectued.  You should be able to recieve stock in app against a purchase order that was already created on the backend.

Stock transfer is available but clunky.  Stock transfer should be handled the same way purchase orders are handled where you can enter multiple items on one transfer.  Again this should be available on the IOS app and not just the backend.

The favorites tab on the retail app should simply be setup the same as the POS app quick keys.

Users still need to be selected so you know who the cashier was that checked the customer out. 

In a perfect world customers have their reciepts or a card they paid with to look up a receipt to do a return or a refund.  In real life spouses return stuff (do not have the original card) often do not have receipts (despite policy)  and are rarely have the information required to properly search for a receipt. Any other credit card terminal allows the merchant to overide these issues and put a refund back onto credit cards as a blind refund without having to reference the original transaction. This may not happen often, but when it does happen having that abillity changes a huge problem customer in a happy returning customer.

A link inside the IOS retail app that takes you to the online square dashboard.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hey @Diy!

Thank you for the valuable input about the Retail app. As someone who helps their parents run their own retail store, I definitely see how all of these features could be helpful. We will make sure to bring this up to our Product Team so that they can continue tracking feedback on this. If we catch wind of any further news, we'll update this thread.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 6

Absolutely agree with this feature request "Adding stock in app is a great idea, just poorly exectued.  You should be able to recieve stock in app against a purchase order that was already created on the backend." This makes inventory management and receiving so much easier.

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Yes, I was just asking question about "quick key" type interface in the retail app

oops I posted it on the wrong topic though... I should of posted it on this retail topic...

I would also love to have the numeric keypad option just like the point of sale app in the retail app.

I work at convenience store(quckie mart) and we just carry too many non barcoded items to enter them all in favorite pages and look them up, when customers are lined up.

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

I would also love to have the numeric keypad option just like the point of sale app in the retail app.

Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Absolutely agree with you. I have clothing stores and after the holidays I had at least 2 exchanges without receipt per day  per location. It was a real nightmare and i wish there is a some kind of a return without receipt option. 

Message 6 of 6