x
Super Seller

IFTTT, VBA PROs - Any takers?

I've been automating a lot of our backend accounting processes lately, which is saving me a lot of time! So much time, that I cannot stop thinking about how to save even more time 😉

My new project is to write some code that will copy the data within a given date range from a Transactions Detail Report to a spreadsheet. Currently, I have to manually log in, download, copy and paste... I'd like this to happen with the click of a button. I wear many hats as a small business owner, but a proficient developer is not one of them.

Then I stumbled on the integrated app IFTTT. I thought "EASY!" There are a couple of widgets that download sales information to google spreadsheets (which I can work with). Some of them are made by Square, and some are from private developers... But the only published apps that pull transaction data do not pull the data that I need. I need all of the data from a Transactions Detail report, not just a few general rows of information. I'm sure it's a little more complicated than I want to believe... I'd like to think that it would be easy to modify and add some "ingredients" to the already developed Square widgets... But maybe not.

I'd love to just use VBA, but I know literally nothing about HTML and crawling past a login screen. I'm not beyond hiring a developer to get me there, just thought I'd see if someone from the boards had any friendly advice first.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Have you tried posting your question in stackoverflow @LocavoreStore? They're a developer community and might be able to provide some insight too!

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

No, but I'll check that out. Thanks @katieand!

Message 3 of 3