x
Beta Member

Suggestion for Feature - Customer Can Add Their Own Card

I'm new to Square but not new at managing a large customer database.  I'm having to manually add all my customer's cards on file (over 800 of them!)  I know the customer gets an email when their card has been linked and then they have the option to remove that card. It would extremely helpful if they also had the option to add/change their own card on file information from their customer dashboard.  Is this something that could be added any time soon?  It would save me tons of time when my customers get new chip cards, etc.

Thanks!

Deana

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @DeanaFerris

An option to link/change their card in a pop-up box would be pretty cool and helpful. I haven't heard much information on this, but I'll be sure to chime back in if it does come up. 

At the moment, the only way to enable your customers to add their own card on file with you would be to send them a Square Invoice with the "Allow customer to save their card" option box checked. 

We have a great video that explains how to do this:

Save a Payment Card for Invoice Payments

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Best Answer

Hi @DeanaFerris

An option to link/change their card in a pop-up box would be pretty cool and helpful. I haven't heard much information on this, but I'll be sure to chime back in if it does come up. 

At the moment, the only way to enable your customers to add their own card on file with you would be to send them a Square Invoice with the "Allow customer to save their card" option box checked. 

We have a great video that explains how to do this:

Save a Payment Card for Invoice Payments

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

This is a great idea for a workaround.  Thanks for the info!

Message 3 of 5

Glad that Square Invoices works for what you're trying to do @DeanaFerris

Let me know if you need anything else, or if you come up with any other cool ideas you'd like to see in the future 👍🏼

Message 4 of 5

When member debit or credit cards expire - no one can figure out how to fix their own.  This would be quite handy.  This is quite a pain point for our association.

Message 5 of 5