share buttons/icons

by dO on ‎04-10-2016 04:43 AM - last edited on ‎04-19-2016 02:37 PM by Community Manager

Hello, can you please integrate the share buttons/icons (share on Facebook, g+, linkedin, pinterest, ecc) like the social buttons/icons weebly already has integreted in order to post freely where you need on the pages and posts? It is a very useful tool! I needed this option on one website on different places and I had to use www.sharethis.com buttons. Only that I had to customise the template for this and insert manualy the code. I put the code on the wrong place and had some problems until I understud from where the problem was. Thank you! Kind regards dO

Comments
by Community Manager
on ‎04-10-2016 12:59 PM

Hey @dO! We have some apps in our App Center that you might want to check out:

http://www.weebly.com/app-center/social-media-icons

http://www.weebly.com/app-center/dockvine

You might find these work well for what you need. Smiley Happy

by dO
on ‎04-10-2016 02:08 PM

Hello @Adam and thank you for your suggestion.
I know well powr and I use it already because I dont't have a native weebly alterative, but I intended something else with sharing options. Something like I already mentioned: sharethis.com and other similar. 

Kind regards. 

social icons own profilesocial icons own profileweebly social icons linked to own profileweebly social icons linked to own profileshare option to other platformshare option to other platformsharing option of any post, element, page, blog article eccsharing option of any post, element, page, blog article ecc

by Tellus
on ‎04-28-2016 02:00 PM - last edited on ‎04-29-2016 10:12 AM by Employee Moderator

Best I can see, we can only add the facebook and twitter share buttons to blog posts and in only one (older) icon format. Weebly is way behind on that for blogging!! There should be a full line up of contemporary share buttons that we can utilize for our blogs including Google +, Pinterest, Linkedin, Email Share, etc. This is getting to be pretty key for building brands and driving SEO!! 

by GeechieGurl
on ‎05-01-2016 03:46 PM

YES YES AND YES!!! I totally agree. It is waaay too much to ask readers to copy and paste an individual blog post onto their social media platforms.

by crisalencar
on ‎05-16-2016 05:36 PM

They would be really useful, I couldn't agree more!

by MUAKP
on ‎06-24-2016 12:20 AM

OMG. Please, please, please. We definitely need this.

by LindaB
on ‎06-30-2016 08:56 AM

Weebly is totally behind on this. Someone just informed me they tried to share one of my blog posts with an intro comment on FB and the current super basic Twitter and FB "share" icons available only allowed them to 'Like' my post vs. sharing it in a customized way as allowed on so many other platforms EVERYWHERE.

by JenniferinAZ
on ‎08-15-2016 12:21 AM

I wholeheartedly agree with previous comments! Sharing has a much more powerful affect on rank than Liking, and there are many more platforms now than the two offered. 

by nlspear
on ‎08-15-2016 10:26 AM

YES!!!! Please.... I cannot believe a variety of social media options are not available!

by JenniferinAZ
on ‎08-15-2016 03:57 PM

I tried putting code on my blog pages for FB Like and Share buttons, but even those are not working the way I would like for them to. The ugliest photo on the page gets shared despite 25 blog posts--don't know why the computer picks one and I can't choose, plus it would be ideal if the post itself could be shared instead of the whole page with my site title which is oftentimes less appealing than the blog post caption.

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors