x

New Card Reader

I've received and installed the new card reader. The package included the small swipe reader that plugs into the audio jack of a phone or tablet, plus the new dip/tap card.

In a few months we will have an event where we'd like to use both of these on two different tablets to collect membership fees simultaneously and I would like to confirm that this is this possible? (i.e., that it isn't either/or)

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

yes just designate one device to dip and tap only. and on the other device do not link this device to accept the dip and tap device reader. that way you can spipe away and make your transactions faster. please test this out before hand so you know what your doing. make some transactions using your own credit cards and just issue refunds back to your credit cards lke a mock sales transaction. make sure you have chargers pluged in or backup batteries. You cant make sales without battery power. But the cool thing is that if the power goes out and you hav your own data plan you can still sell while others ca't cause there stuck using wifi. Hope this helps. 

Message 2 of 3
Square

@NOVAUMC - Just keep in mind that if you use the Square Magestripe Reader (the one that plugs into the headphone jack), you would not be protected against fraudulent counterfeit card present transactions. Other than than, you should be good to go if you sign into the other device with the same exact Square account. 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 3