x

10 Site Limit

From what I understand, when I get to the 10 site limit, I have two options: 1) open another account with a new/different email address, or 2) switch over to a Developer account.

So if I understand developer accounts correctly, there are certain Weebly Apps/Elements that will no longer work or are not available.

First, is the above information correct?

Secondly, why is there a 10 site limit for non-developer accounts? I can understand not having an unlimited number of free accounts.  Would it not be in the best interest of Weebly to allow additional accounts if they were paying sites?

bill kanyusik/San Antonio

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Hey ! I'm not aware of the specific reason why the limit is 10, although it's been that way for a very long time now. You are correct, though, in that you'll need to create another account if you want to build more than 10.

It's not possible to convert an account or enable the Designer Platform on a standard account right now, though, so you'd have to make a separate account for that through http://designers.weebly.com

There are some features not available to the Designer Platform for white-labeling reasons, although there are other features that Designer has if you're going to be making sites for clients (you can read about them on the site I linked above).

Message 8 of 7

Is that possible to join weebly partner program and get unlimited sites? (not designer weebly, we want weebly.com)

Thank you. Shawna

Message 8 of 7

by the way, if no partner program for weebly.com, how to join designer weebly?

Thank you.

Shawna

Message 8 of 7

Hi Adam,

I use seperate Gmail account to create designer weely.

No questions, thantk you.

If there is a better partner program for weebly.com(not designer weebly), please let me know.

Thank you.

Shawna

Message 8 of 7
Square

It depends on your needs and at what scale you're going to be making sites for clients. Designer is a good place for a lot of people, although for some companies our cloud service is a better fit:

https://www.weebly.com/industries.html

Message 8 of 7

I don't have a "standard" Weebly account, just an old Pro one. When I joined, there were unlimited sites on a Pro account and no monthly per-site designer fee either. This represents a considerable detrimental change to my contract terms with you, and there's nothing on your (current) site showing this change (nor was I notified of the change).

Can you clarify:
- what happens if I delete one of my 10 sites, can I create, publish and connect a domain name to it another under the "only up to 10" rule?
- if I "convert" my account to Designer, does that mean all 10 active, published sites incur a charge of $7.95 per month (ie $79.50 per month) straight away?
- if I archive and delete one of my 10 existing sites, can I upload it into a new Designer account or not (assuming I don't want to "convert")?

- when I "publish" my new Designer account site, will I start incurring the monthly charge even if they are still addressed as "Mydomain.weebly.com"? Or do I need to establish an external domain immediately?

Message 8 of 7