x

After 48 hours, SSL still not configured and website still not displaying

We pointed the A name records for our domain (albalahgroup.com) at the IP address provided by Weebly: 199.34.228.75

We then clicked to enable SSL under Settings > General > SSL.

We waited over 24 hours, but our website did not display at the domain, and the Settings > General > SSL still said: "SSL certificate is being configured. Check back later."

We contacted support and they said the SSL configuration process had frozen. So they canceled and restarted it.

Another 24 hours have passed and the site is still not displaying at the domain and the Settings still say: "SSL certificate is being configured. Check back later."

Anyone have any clue what is going on? Have others experienced problems with Weebly's SSL configuration? If so, what was the solution? Thank you for any assistance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Sorry for the trouble, @Albalah. I've created a ticket with our engineers to take a look at your certificate. They should hopefully be able to get that fully configured for you soon.

Message 6 of 5

Thanks Adam - if you can keep me posted, I'd be grateful since this has been a very frustrating experience. I just logged in again and Settings > General > SSL still says "SSL certificate is being configured. Check back later." So we're at over 48 hours since the last reboot to activate SSL.

To be sure, I appreciate this is a holiday weekend, but only in the United States, and I imagine Weebly has a global support team at this stage.

If there's anything we need to change with respect to our domain settings, please let me know. thank you.

Message 6 of 5

Adam - support also contacted me via email - maybe that was in response to your prompt (if so, thanks!).

They said we need to change our domain records - have just done so, and we'll what happens and let you know. Thanks.

Message 6 of 5
Square

Glad to hear that. Let me know if you still see this after a little while. It can sometimes take 24 to 48 hours for DNS changes to fully propagate.

Message 6 of 5