x

Best Practice SEO | SITE TITLE Box - check or uncheck?

ATT: Our Trusted Friiend Adam - AKA weebly Guru

I have started an exisitng thread up again as in case you didn't see the last question. Hope this is ok. 

Adam's Answer

Re: SITE TITLE v PAGE TITLE for SEO

The title referenced in the HC article is the title element and not site title. You can totally use the site title on all pages, but you'll want to go to the SEO Settings for each of the pages for your site and set something specific the page there, that way that is used instead of the global setting for your site.

- Adam
Community Manager

My Answer Seeking Clarification

I am still confused

The artile says for best practice SEO we should uncheck the From Settings > General > Site Title make sure to uncheck the box "Show title on top of your pages" or else your site name will append to all title tags.

https://www.weebly.com/seo/title-tag

Q1) Is it SEO best pracrtice to check or uncheck the Sitle Title box in settings?

Q2) Can you explain the consequences for rankings regarding this statement from weebly ''or else your site name will append to all title tags.''

Q3) What are the SEO ranking consequences for Title Pages, Permalinks and page descriptions with the Site Title box checked and unchecked?

My page is www.dogadoption.org.au

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

HI @aftonabbott,

There isn't really a right or wrong answer to checking the Site title box. If you check the site title box, it will add your website title to every page, which can be helpful if you are trying to rank on Google for your site title. If you don't want anyone to find you by the site name, you can certianly leave this box unchecked. Having the box checked or not will not provide any negative concequences. Hope this gives you a little better insight! 

Message 5 of 4

Just to clarify, a search for my website found the two results below - see attachement. 

Is the first one searching using the Site Title and the second a specific page? 

Message 5 of 4
Square

The first result has your title since it's the home page of the site. It would show up if searching for the title, although it's hard to say where it'd exactly rank. The specific page of your site could possibly also show up for that search if those words are also on the page somewhere, although I would think it would not be ranked as high. Search ranking for specific terms is really hard to predict because Google doesn't disclose information on their search algorithms (which isn't surprising, really, because people would just try to game the system if they did).

Message 5 of 4