x

Cannot read Community LIGHT GRAY font

I know the whole world of Internet is one of LIGHT GRAY font now UNLESS the web site makes the font DARKER on purpose.  Gray against a white background is VERY difficult for MOST people to read.  

Is it possible to turn the Community back to BLACK?  It's almost impossible to read it.  Seems like it has gotten lighter and lighter and lighter.  It's not my eyes either.  Many have commented that the entire web is now almost UNreadable BECAUSE of the light font.  AND, it also prints in light font too unless printer settings are changed ... and sometimes THAT doesn't even work.  Highlighting helps a bit (can read the text a bit better) ... but I've started copying things from the community and PASTING on a Word document (making the font BLACK) just so I can READ it and THEN making the font BLACK so it will PRINT in black if it's something I plan to re-read.  Ridiculous waste of time.

Even now, as I type this, I've set the font to BLACK and it just keeps getting lighter and lighter and lighter as I type.  The ONLY solution is to BOLD everything ... but EVEN THEN, the BOLD gets lighter and lighter and lighter.

Many sites have gone to a BLACK background so the FONT is then WHITE and READABLE!!  Can someone explain why this is the way it's now being done.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Thanks for the feedback, @LongHoursHere. Which parts of have grey text that you can't read? Posts use black text , but some things like breadcrumbs are a grey color.

Message 6 of 5

Alllllll parts of it. It's all basically too light to read. Even as I'm typing this, the font is just super light gray. ALSO, you didn't answer my question. You answered my question WITH a question. Evidently there is no solution ... we are STUCK with it.
Message 6 of 5

Here's an exercise!!  You be the judge!! 🙂

1st para below is Adam's reply simple copy and paste..

2nd below is c&p then change text color to grey...

3rd below is c&p then change text color to black...

Thanks for the feedback, @LongHoursHere. Which parts of have grey text that you can't read? Posts use black text , but some things like breadcrumbs are a grey color. (1)

Thanks for the feedback, @LongHoursHere. Which parts of have grey text that you can't read? Posts use black text , but some things like breadcrumbs are a grey color.  (2)

Thanks for the feedback, @LongHoursHere. Which parts of have grey text that you can't read? Posts use black text , but some things like breadcrumbs are a grey color. (3)

Message 6 of 5

Thanks NJRFTF but Adam's reply is still too light on my monitor. I've adjusted my monitor to darken and have more contrast, but that didn't work either. BUT, by searching the web, it's basically a Windows 10 problem and what they are telling everyone to do flat out doesn't work. So, everyone with Windows 10 is stuck with it. Do a search yourself about Windows 10 and the NEED for a darker text. Their answer does not work ... just read the comments regarding it. Thanks for your input, but ... if users have Windows 10, they our outta luck regarding text darkening and MS Solution does not work.
Message 6 of 5