x

Creating centered text which doesn't span full width

From reading other posts the way to achieve this is to insert a spacer on either side of your text.  However, when I do the default setting is for all three columns to be the same width which makes my text far too small.  So I try and shrink the spacers but for some reason the automatic snapping creates different sized spacers on each size so my text is not centered.  I can override the snapping by dragging while pressing shift but there does not seem to be a method to make sure the spacers are the same size.  I can do a rough job by eye but that is not sufficient for a professional website.  Is there a way to see spacer size?  Is there a way to make the snapping do something sensible?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

@Bryony 

Assuming you want to use just straightforward paragraph text, the simplest, most effective way of doing this would be to use an EMBED CODE element. This will guarantee to always centre the text within the body of your webpage.

First, drag the element to where you want the text to appear - don't use any spacers or columns. Next, go to EDIT CUSTOM HTML and paste the following code:

<html>
<style>

p {text-align: center;}

</style>
<body>

<p>INSERT YOUR TEXT HERE: as if you are writing ordinary text.</p>

</body>
</html>

To limit the length of a line of text simply add <br> to the end of each line and a new line of text will appear underneath, e.g.,

<p>INSERT YOUR TEXT HERE: as if you are writing any ordinary text.<br>

INSERT YOUR SECOND LINE OF TEXT HERE<br>

INSERT A THIRD LINE OF TEXT HERE</p>

and so on. Don't forget to include the closing tag at the very end of the text i.e., </p> If you want to use other styles of text e.g., titles, bold, italic, different colours etc., this can all be done by small additions to the basic code. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more help.

Gary

Message 3 of 2