x

Custom HTML not displaying in text boxes

We have replaced some of our text boxes with custom HTML so that we can display service mark super scripts (side note - it'd be great if this feature was supported natively). 

However, as of this morning, none of the custom html displays in the weebly editing interface (I can see the code when I click on the box and then click "Edit Custon HTML" but it doesn't display on the page). I can see the custom html text on our actual site, but not in weebly, which makes editing very difficult. I don't believe the problem is with the HTML itself, since we were not experiencing this issue yesterday.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Are all of your custom HTML elements in columns? I think it might be part of the way the responsive design works in the editor and the elements aren't tall enough to show your superscript.

Try dragging one out of a column - I tested doing that with one and it showed your text (I put it back where it was originally).

Message 6 of 5

Thanks Adam. Moving the elements seems to work for some boxes, albeit briefly. When I move a second element often the first one disappears again. Plus, some of the boxes are in columns because we need them to be so that the layout is pleasing.

Do you have any other, more permanent suggestions for us? 

Message 6 of 5
Square

I did a little testing and couldn't come up with a reliable solution; it is possible to customize a theme and include CSS rules specific to the page structure of elements within the editor, although that's a fairly extreme solution. I also don't usually advise customizing a theme unless it's really needed.

Message 6 of 5
Square

It looks like our engineers are taking at look at this, @richpcarr. I don't know how long it will take them to resolve it, but that should fix the display for you once they do.

Message 6 of 5