x

Deceptive site warning

My website is being blocked with a "Deceptive site ahead" warning: "Attackers on www.emc-lab.org may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards). ... Google Safe Browsing recently detected phishing on www.emc-lab.org."

Accordingly, a Google Search Console URL inspection says "Google has detected harmful content on some of your site’s pages" and identifies the issue as a deceptive page issue.

I used to have a POWr auto twitter feed, which I have now removed just in case it was causing the issue, but no ads or the like.

A sucuri scan tells me that "Our automated scan did not detect malware on your site" and that the "site is not blacklisted" (including declaring the "Domain clean by Google Safe Browsing").

I am wondering whether this may be related to earlier cases where non-malicious "editmysite" code has caused Google to block Weebly sites? I have requested a review vis Google Search Console but have not heard back.

Any advice would be appreciated.  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Try removing the Color Block app, @ullrich. That app was removed from the App Center a while back and it's possible resources from it are still trying to load with the site. If you have any color block elements on the site, make sure you move the contents of them out of the element before removing the app.

Message 12 of 11

Thanks Adam, I have removed it and have requested review via Google Search Console. I'll let you know if it worked.

UE

Message 12 of 11
Square

Ok. Good luck!

Message 12 of 11

My site is getting the deceptive site warning and being blocked. How can I clean this up? It is a very simple site I must have been hacked https://www.strategicbusinessbrokerage.com 

Message 12 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @Don_K,

It looks like there was an error with your SSL, so we enabled that for you! You should see that turned on within 48 hours. 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 11

I am getting the same error:  https://prnt.sc/wPg2dVpey3Mq Can you please advise a possible solution? I also reactivated SSL but the problem is still the same. My website URL is: https://www.daycareoverhaul.com/

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks & have a great day!

Message 12 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @danieljens,

We can do some troubleshooting on this for you. Do you mind if we publish the website while we try to get that SSL active?

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 11

Hi @Dani_G,

Thank you for your quick response. Yes, you can publish.

Thanks for helping! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 11

@Dani_G  I was waiting to hear from you.

Your help will be highly appreciated!

Message 12 of 11

We too are receiving the deceptive site warning on our page www.interiorstylingdfw.com.  Can you assist us with this problem please?

Message 12 of 11