x

Designer Platform Disappeared!

I have 50+ Clients on my Designer Platform, I have just logged on as usual to edit one of my sites and the Designer tab has disappeared?! I understand there might be something going on with moving people with Designer Platforms over to a newer Platform, but I have had NO contact or information about this. I need to login and edit my client's sites!

I have opened a ticket about this, but I am really dissapointed in having absolutely no warning about this, and no timescale as to when I will be able to access my clients sites again! Or what process is even going to happen!

Please, someone at Weebly shed some light on this ASAP.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

@Aries89 I can maybe help.

I have had the same issue (started November) and have been informed it is a "known error" abd is being worked on.

Miraculously in mid-December the sites returned on normal login only to disappear again 5 days ago.

I am in the UK and the weebly default is to a "/UK" login.

I discovered that if I login in with this url, "www.weebly.com/login", they all (fortunately) re-appear, as I had to make some edits thereon.

It may work for you too.

Good luck.

Message 8 of 17
Square

Thanks for sharing, @ACn! I'll send this to the team working on the bug to see if it helps them come up with a solution. 

Message 8 of 17

Hi @ACn 

Thanks for your advice and help, unfortunately this didn’t work for me and no matter how I login I still cannot see my designer tab.

The person at weebly who I spoke to on the phone on Friday was able to login as me and see the designer tab, so I cannot understand how this is happening?!

Either way, this needs to be fixed by Weebly ASAP. Very stressful! 

Message 8 of 17
Square

Also, I provided what worked for you to our engineers, @ACn, in the event that will help them track down the cause.

Message 8 of 17

Same. Twice, now. Not easy to access solutions via Customer Service. I feel like a test subject. Time is money, Weebly. This is taking too much of my time. Reviews not looking good.

Message 8 of 17
Square

Hi @latittude40 I see your client list when I log into your account on Chrome. Which browser are you using? 

Message 9 of 17

UPDATE: I spoke with someone on the phone on Friday - This is apparently a bug and the technical team are aware of it and are trying to fix it. However there is no ETA on when this will be fixed, and this is extremely stressful to me and not really acceptable! I have 50 client sites which all need regular updates and I currently have no way to access them?! PLEASE can someone at Weebly get this fixed!  You cannot expect customers with the designer platform to put their entire business on hold with no ETA on fixing this issue! 

Message 13 of 17

@Aries89@Bernadette@latittude40

I am sorry this failed for you - it really does work for me.

The bug (a known fault) was there in December and does not seem like a consistent fault. I was able to login as normal from mid- December, with problems re-occurring since last Tuesday. (Hence the alternative approach.)

Quite a few small "bugs" have appeared across the platform in the last 12-18 months and remain unresolved. 

I have a few sites in draft for clients (paid for),and a numer of other options I have created. Not entirely comfortable with setting up any more new clients till we see these irritating and pointless errors resolved.

Message 13 of 17
Square

Hopefully our engineers will have this resolved soon. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Message 13 of 17

Hi Aries89 Have you heard anything regarding this issue. Same problem for me with approx 25 live Designer Websites and changes are stacking up! I have emailed Weebly technical support, opened a ticket (but the verifying process doesn't complete) and also posted to this conversation previously (but it is not being published!). Haven't heard a sausage from Weebly. DannyB
Message 13 of 17

Hi @DannyB Yes I have. Both @ACn and Weebly had the answer. You need to clear ALL browsing history, cache, cookies, EVERYTHING from your browser. Then directly type in www.weebly.com/login, log in and they should all re-appear. Hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Message 13 of 17

LATEST UPDATE 22/01/2019 - I had to clear ALL my browsing history, cache, litterally everything, and then go directly to: www.weebly.com/login but my designer sites have re-appeared! @ACn You were right on this  - Thank you for your help. The weebly team also contacted me to tell me to do this. The problem was when I first tried I was only clearing my cache - You really have to clear EVERYTHING! Relieved to have access to my sites again Smiley Happy 

Message 18 of 17

Hi @Aries89

Glad it worked for you. Appreciate your thanks and hopefully your stress levels have now returned to "normal".

Rgds.

Message 18 of 17

@Aries89

One little point. I don'twant to big myself up too much, but I have had an open ticket on this since Nov/Dec.

Yesterday - after a successful 7 days of uninterrupted logging in, I (that is me), told technical support of my "break-through". I am assuming they checked and passed the message on.

Maybe I should charge them....

Message 18 of 17
Square

I updated our ticket with our engineers with what you had discovered, so that information has been getting shared with anyone else having trouble. I really want this bug fixed, but it has been super helpful that you figured that out. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 17

@Adam

You're welcome.

Message 18 of 17