x

Directory Listing Page

I am designing a website for my local town and would like to have an easy way to create a local business directory. Ideally it would be nice to have something similar to the membership feature where businesses could register themselves with the site and then that list would populate a directory page already created on the website. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

That's a great suggestion, @cstrawsma.  Why not post it on our Vote on Features board if you'd like us to add that as a feature?

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/idb-p/IdeaExchange

Message 2 of 10

Hello,

I am currently designing a website with the same goal/mindset as you. I'd love to get in touch with you and exchange some ideas on how to go about this using Weebly as the platform. And of course, as long as it's not for the same local town lol! Feel free to shoot me an email 1morris586@gmail.com

Would love to hear from you,

Jake

Message 4 of 10

I would like to do the same thing.  Mine would be for a specific niche... starting off as a local town directory, but could potentially grow larger!

Message 5 of 10

There is a Weebly App called Team Cards that can be used for this, but a specific directory app would be awesome.

Message 11 of 10

Here is another way. You can make a Google spreadsheet, like Excel and post the info of those in your directory. It would need to be short and sweet info due to limitations of the Weebly margins as you will see. I have a custom HTML code which allows for it to be searched and you use the Google Docs embed code to drop it all into your Weebly web page. Here is an example. Not sure how long I am going to keep this in public view so check it out. Search by selecting State to see results. Use the abbreviation. Example: NY, NJ or others.

Here is the link - Locksmith Search

Message 11 of 10

hi Tom, how did you add FORUM in your site, i would like to add my site too, please let me know!

thanks a lot

Aaron

Message 11 of 10

Tom, I really like the search feature of your directory!  Where can I find out more about the customized html code you used to create that feature?  Thanks! Beth

Message 11 of 10

Well I have to create a specific directory for just one file, how do I do this?

Message 11 of 10
Square

I just replied to your other post about this, @keto11.

Message 11 of 10