x

Drag and Drop Editor

I'm leaving this feedback which will hopefully be seenas some helpful tips for Weebly.

I have been building websites for about 15 years online as I have an establsihed business. Over the last three years I've looked into a few "drag and drop " platforms and sorry Weebly, yours is the least responsive in as much as it's not really a TRUE drag and drop platform. Each and every template you have, I've tried them all, the new ones that is -s ome have options for different colors, some do not, none can you alter the color of your buttons or shape of buttons. You get TWO standard sizes, that's it. 

You cannot drag and drop images, videos etc anywhere your heart desires, say for example if you want to add a video to your main header, it simply won't allow it, as it's NOT part of any of the templates to allow you to do this. You still have to abide by boxes set within the main page. That is not a true drag and drop.

I don't see any ONE page templates where you can add sections in the one page, where you may have a background image for example. You cannot alter the size of your header OUTSIDE the set options - that is, if your template has those options. 

Adding contact forms..gosh what a bind as you cannot set them to appear in the middle of a page as I've tried several times. Neither can you add backgrounds to the contact form or color the background. I could go on but I won't, but the editor needs some serious looking into. As for NO preview button, well that is beyond me, that should be standard for any web building site. These are some of the reasons I would not upgrade to a paid plan until the issues get resolved. The editor is too restrictive and basically it template driven and not drag and drop, apart from dragging from left hand side to the main page.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Feedback like this is very helpful when planning for future releases. I hope you'll take a moment to visit our Community and share your idea so other users can vote on it:

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/idb-p/IdeaExchange

You might also want to check out our App Center at http://www.weebly.com/app-center/ - we're always adding new apps, so we may have just what you're looking for. As always, you can keep up with all the latest Weebly news by following our blog - http://www.weebly.com/blog.
Message 2 of 6

Thanks for response, but Apps are not the answer, and yes, I have looked. The answer is to update the the entire "drag and drop" platform as it's not offering people the same as other platforms, Sitey being one of them which is where my main business is built.
Message 3 of 6

Began building on a Surface tablet because my Mac's old enough to still use AppleWorks/Claris and my Acer's browser can no longer display Google's home page. Hours ago I was able to "drag/drop" an image and upload but this was ultimately a failure because sizing was unavailable. Thinking a slide show might be more appropriate to view Greek text I have been absolutely flabbergasted why even this is now impossible to do!

Why such arbitrary responsiveness? (No response required, as I am abandoning Weebly for something that works.)

Message 5 of 6

I have this same problem. I try to drag and drop in a text block, which Weebly makes sound like a breeze, but it won't drop, only at the top or the bottom, or, worse, in a column left or right all by itself. Ugh!

Whenever I consider further upgrading my account, these limitations really give me pause. This is a problem on your end, not mine. Please fix it! And maybe you'll save a customer or two from moving to more easily working platforms.

Message 7 of 6

Hello buffsters! To clarify, what page are you seeing that happen on? We'll take a look.

Message 7 of 6