x

Failed Domain Transfer

I am trying to transfer my domain from 123 Reg to Weebly. I keep getting the message: 'your domain registration information is in an unstandardized format and is not currently eligible for transfer. Please visit you registrar for further information'. 123 Reg have disabled the privacy and the registrar lock. Still getting the message. I have been in touch with Weebly - they say that the address listed on my domain is not valid because 123 Reg are using 'older, non-standard format for domain registrant information. You might see if your Registrar can update their registrant information to modern standards'. But Weebly were unable to explain to me exactly what was wrong with the format. I have been in touch with 123 Reg (again), they say: 'the conatct details look fine at our end. I cannot see any fault in them, they are displayed just like any details correlated to a top-level domain of this kind. I would kindly ask you conatct Weebly and ask them to be more specific in what they mean when they say 'unstandardized' and 'older' format regarding this issue as they are being a little vague'. I have emailed Weebly again (although they don't respond to emails so I will have to wait for a live chat again).

So I am stuck between 2 providers, niether of whom seem to wnat to take responsibility for resolving the issue.

Weebly keep telling me that I can pay for a plan to point to the existing 123 Reg domain instead - I can't help but wonder if Weebly are trying to bounce me into a paid plan when I am trying to transfer to their free plan.

Can anyone explain to me how to resolve this format problem?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

What domain name are you trying to transfer, @ocb? Many registrars use a standardized format for registrant contact info, although there are some out there that have older formats that don't match up. When our current Registrar tries to retreive the information it doesn't match up and prevents the transfer. 

Here's a domain used in our Help Center documentation. The Raw WHOIS data shows the standardized format:

https://www.whois.com/whois/lightfastdesign.com

Message 7 of 6

My domain name is oliviacliftonbligh.com

Message 7 of 6
Square

I would send this to your Registrar:

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/format-2013-10-30-en

ICANN is the body that regulates all things domain related, and they talk about WHOIS standards and what they are on that page.

Message 7 of 6

I have exact same issue as of now with the person above and Godaddy is on the list you provided, so I am not understanding why my domain transfer is being denied due to unstandard formatting, they are on the list....?? Smiley Sad

https://www.icann.org/registrar-reports/accredited-list.html

Message 7 of 6
Square

Not all GoDaddy domains may be using the same formatting for WHOIS information - I would recommend contacting them about it to see if they can update that for you.

Message 7 of 6