x

Group items from different categories into packages

I would like to allow visitors to customize a product by choosing several "parts" from different categories and bringing them together into a package. The users would be able to see all the parts they selected on one page before putting them into their cart. Once users are happy with their choices they would add the package to the cart so we could tell which items "go" together.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

How many different options are you looking at for each package, @Eliz? If the number of different combinations doesn't exceed 120, you could make a single "package" product.  Otherwise I think you'd need to make different products for each part and group them under a category for each package.

Message 5 of 4

Hi Adam,

I am in need of being able to sell packages - i.e. a pecial price if someone buys a combination of products. I though the best option would be to create a promo or discount code and then when that combination is recognised in the basket, the promo code is valid

Could you explain what you mean by creating a "package" product and if that woudl help solve my challenge above?

Thanks

Paul

Message 5 of 4
Square

We don't really have a way to make that work with our coupons right now, @Pablo99. What you could do is make a separate package product, e.g. a single product that contains all of the other products + the free promo product.

Message 5 of 4