x

Header image changes

It seems that I can no longer upload multiple images into the header, resize them, bring them back to front, and general customize and be creative with my headers. Now all I get is one long image that doesn't even always fit no matter what size I make it. How do I get back the old way of customizing, or did this turn into a paid feature? My heading are so boring now!!!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Hello MoniqueE!

The old image editor has been discontinued as a whole, so it wouldn't be part of a paid plan. As it relied on a plnugin that's no longer as widely supported, the update was necessary to ensure users didn't encounter problems editing altogether. However, we're still planning to develop more features for it in the not-too-distant future.

Message 16 of 18

AI have the same problem and only come to know of this change when I was about to write in for help. You mean to say that I am not able to change image to myn header from now on or create new pages with an image??  I cannaot understand how you could do such a thing without having a replacement already in place. You are moving backward. I am not happy at all.

Message 16 of 18
Square

Sorry for the confusion. You can absolutely change the image that you're using for your header. If you're using an older theme with separate header images (as opposed to using parts of a background image), mouse over it in the editor, then click the drop-down arrow next to "edit image". You'll see an option there to upload a new image for your header.

Message 16 of 18

You cannot expalin away the problem.  Lets face it, with your sudden change, we can no longer do what we were able to do with the header. I dont need to tell you what header meant to us . I have lost lots of my confidence and trust in Weebly for sure, not to mentioned amger and frustration. If I have the time to rebulit my website from scratch I would some where else. To say it is a betrayal may be a little over which I m sure you dont meant to delibrately upset your customers....still, that cannot excuse you for the stupid move. I hope you can come up with the solution soon or allow us to go back to the old. What is the point of implementing something new when it is going backward??   I just cannot be bothered with trying to make header with my new pages. It is a sure waste of time and effort. The frustration will kill me first before I can get it right. Bad mistake Weebly, Bad!

Message 16 of 18

WHAT ARE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS?

Message 16 of 18

What would one do if one is using a NEWER theme? It does not give me a drop-down button next to "edit image."

Message 16 of 18

Hello starstream171! What were you looking to do with the image? You should be able to click the area to pull up the option menus.

Message 16 of 18

This is completely UNACCEPTABLE.  I need to change the text over the image on the header on one of our pages and it is no longer editable, so I had to upload my image again.  The new image editor uses guesswork for sizing, and there are now FOUR text overlay font options, NONE of which look anything like the font used on EVERY OTHER PAGE ON OUR SITE.  Are you kidding???  Again, this is UNACCEPTABLE and makes our business look like we're a bunch of hacks.  And where was the user notification for this???  This had better be remedied FAST.

Message 16 of 18
Square

When we switched to the new image editor, it was unfortunately not possible to keep some of the options of the old editor. We made this switch because the old editor used Flash, and most modern browsers are no longer supporting that out-of-the-box.

Message 16 of 18

WHEN WILL A FIX BE AVAILABLE.

THIS IS SO STUPID. WHO IS THE MANAGER WHO SAID OK TO THIS???

WHO???

Message 16 of 18

This continues to be a thorn in my side.  For something that used to take 2-3 minutes, I spent two hours yesterday trying to make a header image for new page that I need, using a combination of PicMonkey (for the image editing) and Word (for the closest match to the font I originally used through Weebly for my OVERALL WEBSITE THEME FONT), then taking a screen shot, then trying to guess what the current image editor was going to show and cropping that screen shot so it would show what I wanted in the header.  After two hours it still looked like crap with a pixelated image and a font that doesn't match the rest of the website, so I scrapped adding the new page.  I'm now officially trapped in my existing website, and will have to fully overhaul it if I want to add pages or adjust header images/text.  I DON'T HAVE TIME TO BUILD A NEW WEBSITE.  Though now I've been forced into making time.  We are currently looking into Wix, and one of my partners has already built a mockup for me.  I hope you understand, Weebly, that this -what might seem to YOU as a small, insigificant, tech upgrade issue- is a deal-breaker for us.  You've NOT listened to those of us who use you as THE vehicle for our business.  We're not in the "making websites because that's what we do for a living" business or "making websites because it's fun" business, we're in some other business that needs a website, and we don't have time to screw around with headaches that keep us from being able to deliver our message.  We'll be moving on as soon as I can carve out some time.  What a waste.  I used to recommend Weebly to anyone who would listen; never again.  Giant disappointment, Weebly. SMH

Message 16 of 18

I definitely agree with beckyjenn.  I and my district pay for 3 different sites.  I want my font to match the other font in my other headers that I previously created.  What is being done about this?

Message 16 of 18

There is no satisfactory header change possible. Nothing fits. If I spend a long time trying to match the size, it still doesn't work.

What is the answer now? Must I download everything to use on a non-weebly site builder??????

Message 16 of 18

Good! I am so sad that I am so limited in being able to position my images and text in the header. I thought it was supposed to be easy for someone who doesn't know code. Drag and drop. well it drops, but there is no drag, or way to move the image or text around so that they look good together.

Message 16 of 18

I am the tech integrator for my school and am writing this on behalf of a frustrated and upset teacher:

"I am not happy that the header image editor options have changed in Weebly. I used to be able to zoom in/out of an image to ensure that the entire photo will appear in the header, and now I can only crop the image to show a part of it in the header (if it's not a header-shaped photo). Also, I used to add multiple images to the header by shrinking them and fitting several photos into the available space. I miss that feature. I'd like Weebly's developers to know that I originally Weebly because it was so easy-to-use, but the updates over the past year have gradually been making it less and less user-friendly. I'm not happy with the direction that editing is going in Weebly, and may look into Wix as a replacement if it continues to frustrate me."

Message 19 of 18

This act alone has probably put a lot in an awkward position with their website... I feel like I have no choice but to switch to WIX but I don't want to because the old Weebly was so much better and less confusing. However, I cannot say this now because of that "update" you guys did to the source.. (You could have atleast had two ways to use Weebly, One with the flash with old editor and one without but including the new editor). I can say that Wix takes the cake with letting you have CREATIVITY ON YOUR WEBSITE. Even if it's free, They will still give you a chance to get comfortable.

Message 19 of 18

Agreed.  It is now a PITB to upload a photo to fit.   I have to take it into Fireworks to get the right size and it is trial and error!

Message 19 of 18