x

IN SERIOUS NEED TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Hi, I registered for a website on Weebly but I need technical support for my site. 

I called the customer service phone during your working hour and waited for nearly 30 minutes but nobody answered. They are not responsive on emails neither. 

I tried to use Live Chat function but could not locate it anywere on the Help Center page. 

Someone know how to get in touch with customer support? A bit shocking that Weebly has good web services but horrible customer services. 

Thank you very much for anyone that could help. 

Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

I am having the same problems with Weebly. They do not respond back. I would not recommend their platform to anyone. 

Message 34 of 52
Square

HI @taniadawn. I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time reaching support. It looks like you are disconnecting from phone support before an agent can answer your call. Per the support ticket you also sent to an agent, it looks like you are having trouble with your dns. Can you post a screenshot of your domain dashboard so we can see your a-record settings? Thanks! Smiley Happy 

Message 34 of 52

Dear Bernadette,

There are multiple reports over several years where customers (people that have paid you hundreds of dollars) complain about not receiving support from your company, whether by email, phone, or livechat. I was the phone upwards of 15-20 minutes on 4 occassions, with no answer. There was no one on livechat. There was no one to answer my emails for days. It seems, there simply is no one working at the office and it is unacceptable. As I have found out over the past few weeks, Weebly responds most quickly when they receive negative public comments about lack of customer service -- your job is clearly to run interference and to present a public face that shows you are responding to queries. But I find it disconcerting that I have to write publically online to complain in order to get any kind of service. As is apparent from multiple people complaining about this same issue, this is the norm at Weebly and not the exception. And there is a problem with that. I asked in an email about how many people are working at your company, but I got no response back. So I ask again, how many people are working at your company, Bernadette?  It truly would help me understand this lack of support.  I would love a public answer about the size of your company and how it opperates to best support customers. Honestly, the very first day I called I got great support from your colleague Vas -- he was lovely and very helpful. I never expeceted that when he was gone for two days, nobody at the company would answer my questions. I only got an answer after I wrote a public complaint. As your customer, I am asking you to please fix and address this major company issue. Along with that, the company really owes their customers a big apology for this kind of treatment. I will try and continue working with your company, but I am very dissapointed. I would love an answer from you, Bernadette, to all of my questions. Thank you for your time.

Message 34 of 52
Square

I totally understand what you are saying, taniadawn. Our phone and chat agents are available Mon-Fri 6am-6pm PST and Sat-Sun 8am-5pm PST. Email responses are generally answered within 48 hours depending on the queue volume. Adam and I answer questions here on community and we also respond to the posts on social media. Some of the phone/chat reps also help us out here when they can. Between the chat, phone, and email reps we have about 100 agents, but no one works 7 days a week. Everyone has two consecutive days off for their weekend and to spend time with their families. Mondays and Fridays are usually our busiest days. Weekends have longer hold times as well because the phone calls and chats tend to be longer. It seems (totally my opinion) that people have more time on the weekend to spend on their websites, therefore tend to keep the reps occupied longer. Longer call times = longer hold times, unfortunately. To combat this issue we've made improvements to our phone system that will help route our paying customers to agents quicker. We've also been cracking down on users on free plans that would utilize our phone service as this is a paid feature and not fair to customers that are paying for it. We are also planning on hiring more reps and this will hopefully help alleviate the issue you find yourself running into. 

The problem you have with your domain name is a little more difficult to troubleshoot because we do not have access to your domain manager. We can provide you the IP address to point to the Weebly server, but we cannot log into your domain account to fix it for you nor can we walk you through the process. Name Cheap should have reps that are able to do this with you, or at the very least explain that you are pointing your domain to two different hosting servers which is going to cause a problem. I'm looking at a public database and can see that you are connecting your domain to 199.34.228.65 (Weebly) and 162.255.119.28 (Name Cheap). I'm not familiar with their interface and won't be able to give you step-by-step instructions, but if you edit the 162.255.119.28 and change it to 199.34.228.65 your website will start working. Please note that after making changes to the DNS it can take up to 24-48 hours for the domain to propagate fully. During this time you may experience intermittent connection issues. 

Here is a link to their support guide: https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/9256/29/how-to-edit-dns-zone-in-cpanel#...

Look for the entry with the 162.255.119.28 number and change it to 199.34.228.65

This is a screenshot from a pubic database and not what you will see when you log into Name Cheap. I hope this information helps you out and I apologize again for the negative experience. 

Message 34 of 52

I am probably barking at the wrong tree here but I am getting so fed up trying to edit my site with no help whatsoever from weebly.  I can log into my a/c and get on the home page (showing the address of my site) but when I next get to the edit page (https://secure.weebly.com/editor/main.php), none of the buttons at top work: Pages, Settings and particularly HELP so I cannot even ask anything to anyone...!!!

This is why I need to ask here...

My site (mybookspace.co.nz) is currently live and functioning but cannot be edited, which is not a lot of use to anyone.

Can someone please contact me via the registered email address as I am not spending a fortune calling from New Zealand.

Thanks.

J-P B

Message 34 of 52
Square

Hi @maclenharsta All of the buttons are responding for me when I log into your editor. Can you first please try using a different browser or try opening in a private/incognito window? 

Message 34 of 52

Hi Bernadette,

GREAT..!!!  Thanks for that.  It is that **bleep** Internet Explorer again.  I am so used to it that I am somewhat reluctant to switch permanently to Chrome, but I might well do that soon.  There seem to be a lot of problems cropping up with every new update.

Many thanks again and keep on the good work.

Cheers.

J-P

Message 34 of 52
Square

You're welcome, J-P. Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser so you may run into issues with other sites in the future as well. Smiley Sad I personally prefer Chrome, but I know other people that use Firefox or Safari. Whichever browser you choose you should get in the habit of editing in private or incognito window. It will help prevent these little one-off cache errors. Smiley Happy 

Message 34 of 52

Hi there! I was charged for a Performance plan and canceled my membership almost immediately once I was unable to find much use out of it. I clearly read that I was able to receive a refund, but I haven't seen one processed. Now I can't find a single method of reaching Weebly or Square. We would appreciate it if you could please type your email on this public forum, so we may have access. It's absolutely sketchy to not have an easy way of contact, and you currently owe me $31.31 so I'm a bit frustrated.

Message 34 of 52
Square

I'm sorry for the frustration, @Bschmidt Were you trying to reach the help center from your dashboard? I believe it will route you to the Square help center instead of the Weebly help center where you can reach the reps. We're working on making it more clear for users who are trying to reach a live agent. 

I processed the refund for you and you will receive the funds back to your account within the next 2-3 business days. Are you planning on keeping the domain and using it with a different hosting company?

Message 34 of 52

Thank you so much for responding, I really do appreciate the help and getting my money back. Am I not able to just revert back to the free plan? I was planning on sticking with square while my store expands but my website was deactivated. 

Message 34 of 52
Square

I'm sorry I didn't see this before leaving for the weekend, but that is why I was asking about the domain name. A paid hosting plan is required in order to use a custom domain. You can still publish your site to a Square subdomain (ex. yourstore.square.site) if you want to hold onto the domain until you are ready to upgrade to a paid plan. 

Message 34 of 52

I'M MOVING TO WIX .  HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM - HORRIBLE TECHNICAL & CUSTOMER SVC!

Message 36 of 52
Square

Hi @GIGICARMINATI Sorry to hear you are having a hard time reaching support. Do you have a claim number to reference? 

Message 36 of 52

I too have had a nightmare contacting so I cancelled yearly subscrition. I have been debited but no refund. or no acknowledgement of payment  this was all within a few days.

before i go on twitter I would like a reply

heather Tobias

at the moment I would suggest to anyone go else where 

Message 39 of 52

I just wish i had read these complaints Possibly this is fraudulent and will contact my bank  

Message 39 of 52
Square

Canceling a service doesn't automatically refund a purchase for you, @heathersalts, so I took care of that for you. You should see that back in your account in a few business days.

Message 39 of 52

Same lack of service I received, with no return on any of my emails over many days. Frustrated , disappointed.
Message 40 of 52

I have been trying to reach them for 2 months. My mail is all screwed up and goes to wrong accouts along with other issues. Makes it really hard to run my business. If you get an answer Ill be surprised

Message 44 of 52
Square

I'm not sure what you mean by your mail going to other accounts, @benjamin3212. Are you referring to email notifications for your account?

Message 44 of 52

no. i have a few different gsuite accounts. they were originally all with weebly but i moved one out because of the lack of service weebly provided. now my mail from the one i still have with weebly goes to someone else in the one we transfered out. 

Message 44 of 52