x

Instagram, social feeds, broken search in Help center

Three questions:

1. Why is Instagram not supported in as a network in the social share buttons widget? Last time I checked it was a pretty popular network.

2. Why is every app for adding a social feed so a) poor and b) expensive?

3. What is wrong with the search function in your ehlp centre? Every search returns zeo results.

It's stuff like this that makes me think about moving to Wordpress - and I really hate Wordpress.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

1. If you don't see Instagram listed, you're probably using an older theme from before we added the option. Updating to a newer theme should give you the choice.

2. I haven't used any of the third party social apps that include feeds, so I can't speak to how well the work. If you don't like those, you might be able to use a different third party option with the embed code element if you search Google. 

3. Are you logged into the support site when you search? Our results are tailored to your account, so if you aren't logged in you might be getting articles that aren't for the version of the editor you have.

Message 5 of 4

In terms of support centre search, no it's broken entirely. Not sure if I was logged in, but every search returned a blank.

Seriously, it was one of the most frustrating weekend I've ever spent working on my website.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 4
Square

Hi @LeeBeeMarketing Are you referring to our Weebly help center or to the community pages here? The community search button IS broken, but the help center should be returning results for you. I can try to duplicate the error if it was the help center. What is one of the search terms you tried to look up? 

Message 5 of 4