x

Navigation Menus down on desktop and Mobile

Already contacted support about this issue and "Kris K" said that developers were looking into it after I alerted them to the issue. 

None of the menus currently work on my websites. Mobile or Desktop. 

I just noticed this today, but who knows how long this has been happening?

It seems that Weebly pushed some updates in the last couple of days and did not properly test the themes to insure that their customer's websites would be working properly before they pushed the update?

Does Weebly developers use mock sites for each theme they offer to test the updates they make to insure that websites will be displaying correctly? Do Weebly developers dump their cache before testing changes, to make sure that they are seeing real test results. I can't fathom why there is a loop hole left open to allow for massive updates to negatively affect Weebly's customers like this.

site lacking menu (how my site looks live):

how my site is supposed to look with the navigation menu showing (screenshot taken from site editor):

So if you didn't get any sales today or had less interaction on your site today than normal. You can thank Weebly. No one can look or buy anything if that **bleep** navigation menu doesn't work. You would think that would be a pretty important feature Weebly would want to insure against failure. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Don't feel bad. My site's background went from black to white, so all of my text is unreadable. Alerted support - they're working on it. Probably also related to their upgrade.

Message 6 of 5

Yea, it seems like someone failed to test the updates fully before pushing them to all users. 

When I worked on websites for universities, if I would have pulled this sort of negiligent crap as regularly as Weebly has in the last year, I would have been fired. I had way too much consideration for the people I worked for and their content to ever allow for these constant mistakes. There seems to be a loop hole somewhere in their testing protocol that needs to be tightened up to end this madness. 

Message 6 of 5

It sees that I have birdseye them and my site just does not display well at all.  I must have spent more than 100 hrs!

It also sees that weirdness is only happening to 'paid' sites.  I have a backup copy with free weebly version and that thing displays perfect.

Another weird thing....my paid site displays as intended on cell phones.....who knows?

Message 6 of 5

Well, looks like weebly went in and fixed the navigation issues just now (for me). I can't speak to whether other people's website are still having issues. I hope that the fix sticks and whatever allowed for it, does not happen again. These sort of accidents make me very uncomfortable with Weebly. I have experienced three similar issues all of which prevented my customers from being able to use my site to buy my creations. One lasted for months (because I didn't notice it) and the other two were brief, but still had to be brought to the attention of Weebly to be fixed. That isn't really how a relationship with a host and web building service is supposed to work. Weebly is supposed to be trustworthy with our content and reliable enough to not have obsess over our websites every day to see if they are working like they are supposed to, the way that we left them the night before.

Message 6 of 5