x

Not Saving My Content and Not Letting Me Edit Textboxes

Issues I've been having with my site the last few days:

1. Dispite clicking a textbox multiple times, it won't allow me to type into it?
  2. If I do manage to finally type into the textbox, the text doesn't get saved...

Pretty annoying!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Hello Kait! Sorry for the trouble, that is certainly an unusual thing. Is this happening on a particular browser?

Message 11 of 13

Clear your browser cache.  bk

Message 11 of 13

Thanks for the suggestion, but that wasn't the issue.
Message 11 of 13

On both Firefox and Chrome, unfortunately. Hasn't happened to me today yet, so *fingers crossed*

But now, the published site is displaying a tab I never put there, and that is not even one of my pages.

Weebly never used to be this buggy for me!
Message 11 of 13
Square

What link in your navigation is showing that wasn't there before, @Kait?

Message 11 of 13

Thanks, @Adam! Fortunately, I have just managed to fix the extra page thing myself! Basically this is what happened...

I had created a "Services" menu tab, under which to nestle a few of my "product" pages:

The pages visible in the above screenshot, are the only ones I had in my site. But for some reason, the published site had an extra button:

This tab appeared before I had published the product page this mysterious "PRODUCT" tab linked to, so I was confused by that. However, even after publishing it, it did not go away but linked to a different product (if I am remembering this correctly).

Nothing I tried fixed it until I completely deleted the product page "PRODUCT" linked to ("Album Cover Layout" at that time) AS WELL as the product itself within the store. (Deleting the page alone did not work, the "PRODUCT" tab was still there.) I published the site to make sure it was gone, and then added the product again and it behaved normally.

Hope that helps anyone who also has encountered this issue!

Message 11 of 13
Square

That's pretty wild - I'm not sure how that happened with your navigation, but I'm glad you were able to fix it!

Message 11 of 13

I still seem to be having my initial issue with the text boxes, in both Firefox and Chrome. It's almost as though the cursor gets "stuck" in one of the textboxes, and no matter how much I click away it won't go?

Which browser typically works best with the Weebly Editor? Is that a potential factor at all?

Message 11 of 13

Hello Kait! Sorry for the trouble. Firefox and Chrome should both work just fine. Is that happening on one particular computer?

Message 11 of 13

I am having the same problem. After I edit a listing, the save button is no longer clickable. It is highly annoying. I am using Chrome. 

Another thing I have noticed and I really hope this isn't site wide, is that some of my variations are really jacked up on some of my listings and just show the title of the variation but no longer any of the size options. I just attempted to edit that area of a listing and I attempted to hit save and the screen glitched and when I looked at my product on the product page of the site editor the price had been changed to $99,999,999.99. So I went in to change it and the variations I had just put in had been deleted. I have had to try multiple times to get my variation changes to stick for over a week now, and now I am unable to make other edits as well.

Weebly is having some major issues. 

Message 14 of 13

"The product could not be saved because of some errors:

• You must have unique option combinations"

Is an error code I am getting in a listing that I am trying to edit (only attempting to reorder images). I have successfully published this listing before, there are no repeat combinations. They are all unique. What the hell!

Message 14 of 13

Creature, have you been able to contact support already? That definitely sounds like something they'd want to see live.

Message 14 of 13