x

Paying for plan monthly

Weebly you lost me as a customer almost as soon as I signed up, because you advertise a monthly rate and it is not obvious until I wanted to upgrade so I could do ecommerce and upload my products and then it only gave me the option to pay for 6  months 1 year or 2 years all at once. Well it is your tough luck!  You will lose a lot of business.  

What you should be doing is offering a free trial so people can try out your features and see if you are the right fit and you should all so let people Pay monthly and make your Business less of a monthly payment than what Shopify is for their Basic plan. because   Your Business Plan from what I can see doesn't offer any where close to the features that you get in a Shopify Basic plan for the Same price and Shopify is only charging it monthly and offers a discount from the $30 per month if you pay a year or 2 years in advance   So Good Luck you won't last if you cannot compete

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Square

Sorry to hear that, @Silverscreen. We do make changes to our plans based on customer feedback, so while it wasn't available I'd recommend checking back once and a while - I hope you consider upgrading again in the future!

Message 7 of 31

It is now 2017 and this is still the case.  I really wanted to go with Weebly but can't and won't for this very reason.  Checking back isn't really an option for most of us since we are already established and to have to start with a new provider/rebuild store etc. not a great solution.

Message 7 of 31
Square

We have monthly plans now, @jjvbiz. You should see those listed if you click on the "upgrade" button.

Message 7 of 31

Hi Adam, I assumed I was signing up to a 2 year deal and Weebly would take my €5 every month. When I realised I was being charged the whole amount up front I cancelled my order. Is there not an option to sign with Weebly for a year or 2 years and gradually get the charge taken out every month ?

Message 7 of 31

Not at the moment. Sorry about that! I have heard this suggestion from a lot of folks, so perhaps in the future!

Thanks,

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 7 of 31

I am also extremely displeased to find that I cannot connect my already purchased domain name to a weebly site without paying. Its misleading that you don't make that clear when the option pops up and its just as misleading to suggest you can pay monthly and then make it so you can only pay yearly. You've lost me too after I'd already pretty much finished building my website. Extremely unhappy. Make these things clearer at the start please.

Message 14 of 31

Hello! Sorry for the confusion, we have since introduced monthly plan options for our hosting, which are currently available. You do, however, still need to have a paid plan to connect an external domain. A domain purchased with Weebly directly would not require a plan.

Message 14 of 31

I finished my site and was ready to launch. As I entered my credit card information, I noticed there is no monthly payment option. I'm extremely disappointed. I've used this site and recommended it too, for many for years. Why do you advertise monthly payments when the option doesn't exist. What a shame. I will take my business elsewhere. Thanks for the setback!

Message 14 of 31

There still is no monthly plan option. And now I have to start all over. Thanks!

Message 14 of 31

Hello newtech16. We do indeed offer monthly options for our hosting plans. What were you attempting to purchase?

Message 14 of 31

I was attempting to purchase the "Business" plan. The options available are the $25/month $300 plan, $300 due. No option for monthly installment. Didn't click the "Buy now" button. Afraid it's going to charge my account $300. Am I wrong?

Message 14 of 31
Square

Which of your sites were you looking to upgrade, @newtech16? I'll take a look.

Message 14 of 31

Yeah I'm with you on the monthly thing. I signed up, looked at everything too, and LOVED the ease and everything. I wanted the whole thing. The best package. Very disappointed I won't be moving my store here (where I am just has NO SEO value).They could even charge extra for a monthly plan like others do, and make more money off of it to pay for the extra bookeeping (or whatever their reason is for NOT doing it) and make it autodraft. Makes me wonder WHY they want to lock you in for a full year. I mean there has to be a reason and it just looks bad on them.

It's been almost a year since this topic was posted and still they have yet to do it. I'm sure more people would like that, and who knows if maybe even just 20 people per week have come , found that out, and left just in the 9 months since this was posted. In a year that would be over 1000 people. And if they got the biggest package that is $38,000 or even more if they charged a premium for that. Even quarterly would be easier than yearly. Especially for those that are just starting out and have limited funds. I already have a store, but sales are horrible. So I am definitely moving, but not here!

Guess I'll go and check more options. I am tired of looking at them all and trying to decide and then finding one I could really love, and can't do it.

Message 28 of 31
Square

Are you not seeing monthly options after clicking upgrade, @ktrax? We did add a monthly option for all of our site upgrades.

Message 28 of 31

Still not offered as an option, at least not before being asked to click "Buy Now." I mean, how much clear, direct feedback do you need from customers? Do you WANT to lose business at this point? 

Message 28 of 31
Square

Is this when buying a domain or a site upgrade like Starter, Pro, etc? This is what I see in your account for site upgrades:

The same shows for each of the 4 plan levels for me.

Message 28 of 31

Message 28 of 31

$25/mo for Business Plan means $25/mo for Business Plan. See my screenshot. See other customers having previously reported concerns about false advertising. Then you go to pay, and it's actually $35/month, if the option to pay monthly even shows up, because that has been inconsistent as well. Weebly just wasted many hours of my time. FTC false advertising complaint coming. What a mess. And how unbelievably disrespectful to your customers. I also just waited on hold for 45 mins after being given a 4 minute estimated wait time, only to have my time further wasted, because your company won't honor the clearly advertised $25/month. Truly disgusting treatment of customers and truly disappointing after spending so much time building a site. image

Message 28 of 31

"100% Happiness Guaranteed". Try 100% frustration, disrespect, and wasted time. The right thing to do would have clearly been to give me the advertised Business Plan rate of $25/month. Your manager just refused to do so. There is absolutely NOTHING on the compare plans page that says $25/month when paid annually. Nothing. 

Message 28 of 31

And why are you in my account Adam? Did I ask you to go into my account? So anyone working at Weebly can just go into any Weebly account without customer permission? There's no security?

Message 28 of 31