x

Purchased Privacy Protection and I'm Still Getting SPAM :(

On November 9, 2018 I wrote in to complain that I was being inundated with spam calls and e-mails. I was advised by the moderator MTpockets that if I purchased the Weebly privacy protection I would no longer be listed on the Whois.com website and no longer receive calls. I am continuing to receive as many as 15-20 phone calls a day from telemarketers. Can you verify that my information was removed? I feel this is a scam run by Weebly. If a consumer does not purchase the "privacy protection" for a nominal fee they are forced to do it at a later time because of the harassing phone calls, yet the customer is stil receiving the calls weeks later.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

It sometimes takes a little bit for all WHOIS databases to update, although it looks like that's already started happening. If you scroll down on this database you'll see it's using anonymous info:

https://who.is/whois/edgeworthhealthnews.com

Since spammers have already gotten your info, it also can take a little longer to subside. They'll eventually give up when they don't get a response from you; I'd also recommend marking the emails as spam since this both helps filter them out in the future and also notifies the email provider that the email sender address is being used for spam.

Message 3 of 2