x

Redirect to External Website

On Wordpress we have a Redirection plugin which allows us to create a url that automatically redirects to an external page. For example, we often need to create a url such as www.url.com/event that opens an EventBrite link. We don't want the link to appear in the navigation bar so the External Link function doesn't work. This seems like a pretty basic function.

It's important to have a URL tied to our domain name for marketing purposes. We tried the one solution by placing code in the header section of the site, but it is very slow to open and shows the Weebly page briefly before sending the user to the link. A solution to this would be SO helpful for all of our Weebly sites!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Other than the redirection method you already tried, I don't believe there's another way to do that right now with a Weebly site, unfortunately. Sorry about that, @27thlettermedia!

Message 6 of 7

Thanks @Adam. It is a BIG bummer and downside to Weebly for us. Can we add it to the suggested features? Based on our searches in the forum it seems like there is a real need.

Message 6 of 7
Square

You are more than welcome to submit this as a feature request, @27thlettermedia Smiley Happy 

Vote

Message 6 of 7

Is this still the case?  I think I'm having the same issue.  I created a page called moth that redirects to a google form.  Clicking on the word "moth" redirects to the form, but typing in www.uucy.org/moth gives you a 404 error.  Am I asking for the same thing you're asking for?

Message 6 of 7

I think I figured it out!

I added the following code to the header and it works!

<meta http-equiv = "refresh" content = "0; url = https://www.redirect.com" />

Message 7 of 7

hello

Could someone direct me to where the redirection plugin on Weebly is please - I can't seem to find it.

thanks, Kirsty

Message 8 of 7