x

SSL certification for starter plan

Hi

I'm using Weebly for last 2 years now and have subscribed to starter pack as I'm using my website for photography portfolio. SSL certification is a basic requirement today as it gives, the visitors confidence to access the site & also, it's an assurance to website owner that his/her data/content is protected. Weebly seems to have a policy of giving SSL certification for only PRO plans onwards. I had purchased SSL certificate from a third party but Weebly seems to restrict the access for the same. 

I have an earnest suggestion, SSL certificate is not that costly and it should be included in the starter plan, if not then atleast website owner must be allowed to use his/her own SSL certificate. 

I hope, Weebly will consider this suggestion with an open mind.

Best,

Sarang

Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87
Square

My pleasure!
Message 89 of 88

I have the same problem as everyone else in this forum. I upgraded to the pro plan for the sole purpose of enabling SSL, because when I was on the starter plan, SSL was off and I could only see the upgrade button. However, it was also my understanding that the starter plan includes SSL.

Can you please correct this issue so that I can enable SSL? I would also like to cancel my upgrade and return to the starter plan. I have no need for any of the other features in the pro plan.

Why has Weebly not fixed this issue, and why do customers have to contact Weebly indiviually to get it done? I was really happy with Weebly up until this point, but this has been a frustrating and disappointing experience.

Message 89 of 88

Please disregard previous message. I used the Live Chat and Jay provided excellent service. My request has been resolved.

Message 89 of 88
Square

Glad to hear that, @Stacie.

Message 89 of 88