x

Sales Tax not being charged -glitchy system

For the last month, my sales haven't been charged with the sales tax...

It shows up in the invoice as a listed item, but the total charged doesn't include this amount, which has resulted in me losing quite a bit of money and will make my accouting a nightmare.

This is the second time I've had issues with payment discrepancies in the last two months, resulting the loss of hundreds of dollars. Luckily the issue was even spotted -

Apparently you're not supposed to use automatic setting, but instead manually input - so I'm not even sure why automatic is even an optioin. The solution I was given is to reset the tax settings and not use automatic and manually input - but the only place to manually input is the national sales tax, which was manually inputed before - so I'm not sure what I have done differently but it seemingly has been fixed so I suspect it was just a bug in the system as it was previous.

So basically the error is not due to my input in any way and Weebly has not taken responsibility for it. I've been using Weebly for the last two years, the customer service rep was great, but the system is too glitchy and the only consolation is a coupon to renew my service with this shotty system.

Not impressed.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Hello! That does indeed sound like an issue our team was working on a while back. Our apologies for the trouble!

Message 3 of 12

I am having the same problem! All of a sudden Texas sales tax is shown (as it should be), but not charged. This is a major problem.

Message 8 of 12

Hi there!

I would like to investigate into this issue further, could either one of you please let me know the order number, or the product and address they are using on checkout? Are you using paypal as your processor? You are setting up the taxes and shipping though Weebly and not paypal directly is that correct?

Message 8 of 12

We are using Stripe, not PayPal. The order number for one of the incorrect orders is: 1571389794

Message 8 of 12
Square

If you haven't yet, can you submit a ticket to our support team with that info @worklossdata? They'll be able send that to our engineers to determine if it's just a display issue with the order total, or if tax wasn't actually charged as part of the order.

http://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Message 8 of 12

Mine is not charging the Texas sales tax either.

order 443099285, using paypal. I set up the tax item for Country to '0' and did the edit to the country to add Texas. Set at 8.25%, Rule of "instead", and it shows Overrides of '0' . Automatically calculate is not checked.

Message 8 of 12

This happened to me, and I just now caught it after a couple of months. I feel sick. This is not okay and they need to do more to make up for this glitch. I don't think they realize how much this costs small businesses. This isn't something businesses owners should have to check to make sure taxes are being applied, isn't that the point of having an online store. 

Message 13 of 12

This is also happening to me as well.  I see the tax being calculated within check out but it is not beling applied to the total amount.  Please fix this as I am eating the cost of our last month sales tax. 

Message 13 of 12

Sorry for the trouble, MYEJS. If you haven't already, definitely contact support through hc.weebly.com. You may be seeing a different underlying issue than others in this thread, and it's definitely important that we can get that cleared and working properly ASAP.

Message 13 of 12

We sometimes have incorrect tax caculations. Our settings are straightforward: not automatic and 8.25% for all of the US.

order 1349084291 of 11/8/18 5.5% tax charged

order 1072831325 of 11/9/18  0% tax charged

The cvs export shows those incorrect percentages and the order details show the too low tax values.  In November two of about 50 orders show wrong tax percentages.  The zip codes in these orders are correct.  The order with the 5.5% has the same zip as the store.

This is not acceptable

Message 13 of 12
Square

Can you provide that information to our Customer Success team, @JDorenbosch? They can escalate those issues to our engineers for investigation and resolution:

https://hc.weebly.com

Message 13 of 12