x

Support from Weebly, or lack there of.

I chose Weebly based on several things, one being the fact that they have tech support. This has been the biggest disappointment. I have had an issue for two weeks now and have had 5 different Weebly reps say that they are sorry, but no one able to solve the issue. They say it is being worked on by the developers. I purchased the business level of service and am extremely disapointed that a basic function of their service does not work. I am more disappointed that, two weeks later, the issue is not resolved. I am not sure that they will resolve the issue. 

Has anyone else had this type of experience? 

If you are look to use Weebly, make sure you are aware of what they can and can not do before you spend a lot of time building your site.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

I've had a couple technical issues over the years, but for me Weebly has always been quick to respond and quick to repair whatever has been wrong. When the new version of the site editor came out, I had an ongoing issue that, as it turned out, they couldn't fix. But that was my fault because of my custom coding. You must have quite the tech problem if it's been that long. Good luck.

Message 2 of 16

I have had a similar bad experiences with "customer support". Although weebly is generally quick to respond. I have had a number of issues (particularly with a couple of the same people on their support team over and over again) that are completely incapable of understanding any of the actual issues I am reporting to them. In many cases, not even reading what I read before responding and going on and on about irrelevant info. I have had to point out before that "suggestions" support has given me was something I covered in my initial support request as having already tried and that it was not working if they would only just scroll up and read the very first thing I wrote above their response.

The quality of tech support has definitely seemed to have gone down in the several months. I have even received responses that I knew for a fact were untrue and was told it couldn't be done simply because the person I was talking to had absolutely no website building knowledge what so ever. Pretty disappointing. I hope Weebly is looking at the reviews customers are leaving for certain members on their tech team that have "assisted people" or failed to rather and will consider moving them into departments at weebly where expertise in domains / cloaking / user interface design / css / html / functionality or knowing anything about the site editor on weebly is not required. 80% of my support tickets in the last several months or more end with "we can't do that" , "suggest that to new ideas and maybe someone will consider it < (basic web design function)", me abandoning the conversation because the support person has no idea what they are talking about, or me abandoning the conversation because I am tired of having to tell the support person too many times to actually read what I wrote before they respond with nonsensical irrelevant info 

Message 3 of 16

Hello @Creature

I am going to send you a support e-mail and that will have more information for you. I am also going to PM you. I was a CSA for a ling time and I still dabble is workarounds and troubleshooting so I might be able to assist with any problems that have not been solved yet.

Message 4 of 16

Thank you! 

Message 5 of 16

I have used Weebly for a long time and have been a HUGE adovcate for using it and have referred many, unfortunately I am no longer pleased with it since support has grown to be resistant to resolve glaring issues. It is insulting when you take screen shots which are so obvious that a blind person could see the problem, that they close out the support ticket as resolved when it was not. I wa shappy to see when Weebly had television advertisements in the New York market, however it appears they are yet another example of what happens when a company grows too big for its own good and quality and service gets sacraficed. Time to find a new home for me, so disappointed.

Message 6 of 16

Hello tomcat,

I assure your issues are not being ignored. I think there was some confusion on two tickets you opened up regarding the same issue. One about your first issue was closed and merged into the other, not considered resolved. A third ticket regarding your second issue continues to be addressed by our team. 

I have responded to the new ticket you have opened regarding the first issue this morning, so we can continue working on that. We'll get it resolved! Just need some more information for troubleshooting.

Message 7 of 16

For the most part, I have had excellent experiences with tech support.  There have been one or two individuals who seem to be more 'reluctant to help' (for lack of a better term), but I always answer the survey appropriately.  Smiley Wink  There is a handful reps that I would choose every time if I had the choice, and @Brodie is one of them!

Message 8 of 16

I am really upset at the lack of knowledge, and support, and being left to feel like I just don't matter.

Not even an email saying don't worry we are looking in to it for you nothing, I went to face-book and they saw my ticked and hoped things could be resolved.

I had three options either A. I killed my site.. B. my slow connection killed my site (laughs) or C. My blue background on the theme killed my site.

If you don't acknowledge there is a problem then how do you fix it?

I am definitely not going to have a borked site for two weeks because that is ridiculous either say to me, sorry your site is broken we don't know what to do, and can't fix it sorry, or let me know that you are trying to fix it not leave me wondering like this, it's not acceptable.

I said in my really glum state that I would want a refund, god you nearly snapped my hand off for that one, yes please go somewhere else, phew I don't have to fix an issue that way.

I am glad you did this to me last night, because I had lined up two more sites from another two etsy ladies who wanted to go full site, you can imagine what I am going to say to them now. I don't like being being treated like a fool, that is really irking me.

I can build a website all by myself without the drag and drop, I can make it look good, I went with you for ease, speed and ecomm, I have built websites myself many a time, granted not clean cut fancy like this but I never managed to kill one, and even managed a few for the ambulance service as early as 1999 not once did my lame dial up kill my site, not once did a color force my database to break, drag and dropping one item, does not break a site.

Is someone going to actually get in touch with me, or should I just leave?

Please let me know either way, because I can't and won't take this for two years after paying.

And just to make it clear, I reverted to your template, and it still did it, I tried again this morning

and again it did it, so it's not my blue background that caused it.

yes very angry, yes very upset.

Tanya

Message 9 of 16

Hi @Moonlake,

I am sorry that some wires were crossed here. I do see two chat agents assisted you yesterday evening, after which you also filed two different email support tickets. Those have not been responded to since they were deliver at or right before close of business, but I have intercepted them and will be responding to you there to help with your specific situation. But in general, yes, while we love the brilliant designs our customers are capable of, unfortunately custom themes can often be a culprit and our first troubleshooting step is to change to a standard theme. Nevertheless, I will dig deeper into this with you via your support ticket. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 16

I've had several issues with my page, and it's never an easy task to get it resolved. 

Message 11 of 16
Square

@hollychambers wrote:

I've had several issues with my page, and it's never an easy task to get it resolved. 

Sorry to hear that, @hollychambers.  What kind of trouble are you having?

Message 12 of 16

I fixed it at 2 this morning after emailing support and waiting several hours for chat support to become available. I still haven't gotten an email back responding to the one I sent. 

My post would not display correctly. I tried changing the format several times nothing would work, so I ended up deleting it completely and starting over. Luckily that took care of the problem. 

Message 13 of 16
Square

It's unfortunate that you had to recreate the post to fix your problem. If you have any other issues please let me know!

Message 14 of 16

I'm sorry to say that I have experienced very poor support too.  I have actually expended almost US$ 3,000 with Weebly and a relatively simple request for clarificatioj has been totally ignored!  Several of my websites, which with Weebly, were initially easy to create, were for fundraising purposes, whereby all revenue raised is donated to a majorUK charity.  Recently, all I got from Weebly was 'pay us another US$420 and we'll sort it out!  The original site was merely less than US$100!  Weebly, you really need to get your act together!

A very disappointed customer!

Message 17 of 16

Hello Peter!

I went ahead and checked up on your email to us. Were you referring to renewal for the domain name, or the hosting plan that was attached?

Message 17 of 16