x

Text Formatting Glitches

I have noticed this annoying problem where i unbold while typing and then it unbolds the whole thing when i want parts bold and parts not. it is annoying since i have to go back and rebold it.

also sometimes when typing after i clicked on a specific area (cursur appears there) it jumps to the start of the text box.

anyway i am hoping to see an improvement in the text editing

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Square

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble, @Mark_Hiram.  Could you provide steps on how you're working when this happens.  Something like this, for example:

1. Type out a sentence.

2. Select a word

3. Click the button to bold it

4. Click into the text element and type more words

5. Select another word and click the button to make it bold

I'm just looking to see how you're making text bold or unbold so I can try and recreate what you're seeing. Thanks!

Message 2 of 19

I seem to have this problem as well. When I type a sentence into a TITLE or TEXT box and try to change the color, size, or style of the font (by highlighting words and clicking on the necessary icon) my cursor bounces around and only updates part of the selection or none at all.

Message 3 of 19

@PeaceOfMayhem Me too!

Message 4 of 19
Square

@PeaceOfMayhem wrote:

I seem to have this problem as well. When I type a sentence into a TITLE or TEXT box and try to change the color, size, or style of the font (by highlighting words and clicking on the necessary icon) my cursor bounces around and only updates part of the selection or none at all.

Does that happen in any browser your try, or just one in specific? I'm trying in Chrome in OS X and can't get it to behave like that.

Message 5 of 19

I'm using the most updated Chrome on iOSX 10.11.5 and have similar issues. A lot of headaches. I highlight a line or portion of a line to bold and the selection de-selects! Links disappear sometimes when adding or removing elements. Yesterday I was editing a page with many photos and links. When eventhough I'd publised often to save my work, I noticed text links would just disappear on me! I had to re-do work several times. I'd bet it was a memory issue at that point, but still. Woman Frustrated

Message 6 of 19

It happens when i start a sentence bolded and then unbold it by either using crtl B or the button on formatting bar.

i got it to occur again when i had a bolded sentence below the current sentence.

ironically it took a few tries to repeat it the glitch. so sometimes it works the way it is supposed to and other times it glitches

BTW i use chrome

Message 7 of 19
Square

@Mark_Hiram wrote:

It happens when i start a sentence bolded and then unbold it by either using crtl B or the button on formatting bar.

i got it to occur again when i had a bolded sentence below the current sentence.

ironically it took a few tries to repeat it the glitch. so sometimes it works the way it is supposed to and other times it glitches

BTW i use chrome

If you only use the button on the formatting toolbar and never use CTRL-B, does it still happen?

Message 8 of 19

@Adam It does for me.  I rarely use crtl B.  It also happens to me a LOT when I'm trying to create a link.  

Message 9 of 19
Square

@Heirloom_Angel wrote:

@Adam It does for me.  I rarely use crtl B.  It also happens to me a LOT when I'm trying to create a link.  

After clicking the button on the text editing toolbar, try clicking somewhere else on the page of your site (anywhere not within text elements).

Message 10 of 19

Sorry in advance if this is consodered necro-bumping.

I also deal with this so many times; that I'm used to it.

Always reminding my self to copy and paste, basically

I fear the formatting glitch. I guess I'll post a screenshot

of what it does to my stuff, I type.

Message 11 of 19

i have had similar problems with Font Colour selection. Select some text in a block. Change colour and all text before my selection changes colour. iI have now found if you do the process slowly it seems to work. Could be a lag problem across internet.

Message 12 of 19
Square

@JurassicRock wrote:

i have had similar problems with Font Colour selection. Select some text in a block. Change colour and all text before my selection changes colour. iI have now found if you do the process slowly it seems to work. Could be a lag problem across internet.

Our engineers are investigating reports from some people regarding changing colors. I don't have any info on progress with that right now, though.  Thanks for your patience!

Message 13 of 19

I have that problem too. The worst is trying to change the font color and the curse jumps off the words.

Message 20 of 19

I am having serious problems changing the color to site swsc2017.org, swsc2017dfw@gmail.com. Every time I select and make the change, it's deselect itself or fails to make the change. It is worse with items inside a color box because it seems to often be confused, even when a just select a word, whether I'm try to edit the box or the words. I've tried in two different browsers. At this point nothing is changing. I have had this issue with other sites I manage, but this is the worst it's been.

Message 20 of 19
Square

What browsers did you try, @ohumphrey? I can see the last browser you tried was FireFox, but I don't know what the other one you used was.

Message 20 of 19

Text formatting 'glitches' have been an ongoing issue for months.  If you notice, the original post is from July 2016.  I personally have had issues when I used Chrome, IE or Firefox.  Colors, links, bold, italic and underline seem to be the most troublesome.  I just got used to saving whatever I was doing (via C&P to Word) and coming back to it later because I get tired of fighting with it.

Message 20 of 19

All of a sudden last night (early this morning) the text in my site started glitching. It blinks multiple times before becoming stable. This is happening in both Chrome and Firefox. 

I was attempting to install a custom font when it started. I rolled it all back when the glitch began, but it's still happening.

greatgreentree.com

Please advise...

Message 20 of 19
Square

Sorry to hear that, @vgonzales11. If you switch to a standard theme does it behave normally?

Message 20 of 19