x

U.S. Shipping Rates

While I'm excited that Weebly is putting the effort into making changes with the way we can set up shipping, I feel that there is still more that needs to be done.

When charging for shipping based on weight, it would be nice to be able to enter the shipping rules once, and then select the U.S. states that rate applies to. For example, I want to set the shipping rates to be the same in the states of SD, ND, MN, NB, KS, OK...but at this time I have to enter all the rates one state at a time...which is extremely time consuming.

In addition, the option to set shipping rates for multiple zip codes within each state would be ideal...since UPS shipping rates vary significantly if you are shipping to a rural area instead of a city.

We are a very small business that has products of many different sizes and weights and we are trying very hard to charge the most accurate shipping rate to our customers...that being said, the changes mentioned above would be helpful.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Thanks for your feedback, @RFarms. With the kind of specificity that you want with rates, you might have better luck using RTS rather than setting individual rates. Depending on what you're shipping this is probably the easiest way to charge an appropriate amount for every zip code in the US.

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/227399728-Set-Up-Real-Time-Shipping

Message 5 of 4

Adam,

Thank you for your reply. The issue we have with RTS is that it is based on only one box size. If our products were all  similar in size, it would work for us...but that is not the case. From what Ive been reading across the web, this is a common issue for basically all merchant websites out there. I don't know what the solution is, so for now we will make due. I sincerely appreciate the suggestion and am happy to know that Weebly does read our feedback! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 4
Square

Thanks for the kind words! I thought the box size might be why but figured it was worth checking. I'd love for us in the future to support different box sizes. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 4