x

Uploaded Photos Have Lost Saturation

I have been with Weebly since 2013, and am happy to say that I’ve never had an issue that Customer Success Advocates couldn’t remedy. About 2 weeks ago I noticed that uploaded photos, even identical photos previously uploaded, had significantly lost color saturation. Weebly Customer Success Advocates have told me that there is currently an open “bug” in image uploading that they are working on. While the advocates couldn't be nicer or empathetic, the issue still exists with no ETA on a remedy.

The photos I upload are sRGB, appropriately sized JPEGs

Is anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

@Krystalphoto

If it's a picture that you are placing via the regular image element then you might consider embedding it instead.   I store pictures on One-Drive and one can embed using embed code element direct from there.   Because it's in an iframe it's served direct to the browser and not through weebly and thus not subject to compression etc.

I'm looking at a picture right now and there is 4 embed options...

Original - 3905 x 2976

Large - 1024 x 780

Medium - 660 x 503

Small - 256 x 195

Just a thought!!!

Message 3 of 3

What ultimately solved the problem was actually making sure the photos were converted to sRGB. In PSD CC the command to do this is Edit>Convert to Profile>Working RGB - sRGB. I never had to do this with Weebly before, but it's a simple step.

Appreciate your input.
Message 4 of 3