x

User-editable Profiles

Our site is for a Not For Profit with over 500 members each with their own site login. Would it be possible for there to be a feature where by we could have each member user create a profile for a directory including name, email and prehaps a phoho and a small introduction. 

Ideally we would like the users to beable to use their login to create the profile and post it to the site directory for other users to view. And we would like to have it user editable so that they can go in and change their information with out us the admins having to intervene.

So basically a simple form that they fill out that is then posted on the site in the member directory but one that they can use the login to to back and change. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Hey @ryanvh! We don't currently have a feature like that, although it was suggested on our Vote on Features board:

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/A-feature-allowing-registered-members-of-a-website-...

I'd recommend adding kudos to that to show your support of our team adding that kind of option.  In the meantime, the only workaround I can think of is adding a form to your site where members can suggest/ask for what they want on their respective pages (although you'd still have to make the changes yourself).

Message 2 of 8

So when is this going to take place? It seems that you all more than enough people who are interested including myself. Kind of sucks because I've built a whole website and then there is no way for the members to upload their own photos/profiles on their own. I really need this feature right now. No since in upgrading if weebly dosen't have everything I need for this.

Message 5 of 8
Square

Hi there. The only way you can do this now is to either edit the profiles yourself, or you can allow editors to edit specific pages (on the Pro plan or higher) however they would need to be familiar with editing a Weebly page and there wouldn't be a way for you to ensure it would stay uniform. 

The feature you are looking for is still in consideration and if you haven't already added your support and feedback I definitely recommend doing so. https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/Membership-feature-Display-a-member-s-name/idi-p/61...

Message 5 of 8

This cannot be that difficult for Weebly to accomplish and people ahve been asking for it for years.... Wishing I hadn't renewed with you so I could find a better builder that could accomplish this.

Message 6 of 8

I had the idea as well. I made a post on it on the vote for features. I made a very long paragraph it when I click on the post it took me to another idea or something. Took me an hour to type. My idea was where you can edit the profiles and have a profile tab link and have list of peoples profiles and a default profile when you edit that it changes the rest but keeps there information. It should be free to do but you should have to pay for like extensions like more elements and more pages to it. There should be a max of 5 free pages in the profile and you should be able to search the profile you are looking for. and have a point system as well.

I like the idea. I just re-did my idea here that is alike like yours because my idea post was deleted for some reason.

Does anyone know why when it was a great idea. I'll try and post it again.

Message 9 of 8

Hello! Sorry for the post issue, that's definitely not something we want to happen here. Are you still seeing any problems making posts?

Message 9 of 8

Mostly for the ideas post. I would like everyone to see my idea and regonize it as a great idea. I think it is and really good. If this wasn't implemented in than the business plan for weebly would be useless than.

Message 9 of 8