x

VAT -format

Weebly asked us to update our VAT number.  Problem is that our norwegian VAT number is deemed to be invalid. What can I do?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Sorry, I cannot resond to that as I am waiting for an answer myself for my Swiss account. I tried to get a human being to the weebly chat room.

Message 9 of 8

Maybe someone can comment also what to do if you are private person? Because VAT number is for companies mostly and I'm not VAT payer as I'm private person. Weebly didn't take it to consideration when sent an email with this request.

Message 9 of 8

I wonder the same thing as I have a personal blog and not a company.
Message 9 of 8

I have the same question:

what is it and what to do ??

Message 9 of 8
Square

If the number is invalid, or you do not have a VAT number, we will start adding VAT tax based on the tax laws for your country. This change will go into effect on October 1, and will apply to new purchases or renewals made after this date. 

Message 9 of 8

My Dutch VAT number is also "INVALID" according to the Weebly automatic response. The number itself is certainly not invalid: first two letters (NL) and then 12 characters. Edwin Westhoff, 10 sept. 2021

Message 9 of 8
Square

Hi Edwin. It sounds like you are entering the number properly. Are you leaving out spaces so that it looks like e.g. NL999999999B01

If that is the format you are using -NL +9 digits+B+2-digit company index- and you are still receiving an error, can you please confirm if you have already submitted a support request to our team? I can update your support ticket so that the team is aware of the error. 

Message 9 of 8