x

Very disappointed with Weebly changing the Premuim features while asking for more money

I am a filmmaker and my website is essential to showing people my work. I have not logged in a while and some colleagues wanted to check my site and showreel and they could not. They were using Macs, so I assumed it was a Mac OS issue as I had no problem viewing it on a Windows pc. However, to my horror as I logged in to find it would not play at all. It wasn't until I logged into my weebly editor and removed my showreel and found that when I re-added it. I cannot add anymore as this was now a premium feature and that I had to pay for it!  Now, as I am a premium user, I had originally paid for the video player as it was called back then, its called the HD player, now we have to pay for something extra?  I am disappointed to say the least. I mean, not all my footage is actually HD, most is SD!  I might consider moving to another site just to make a point.....

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

Sorry to hear about your experience, @filmmaker. The HD Video element is part of our Pro service - it looks like you have that so you should be able to add a new HD Video element to a page of your site. Are you saying you're prompted to upgrade if you use one?

Message 3 of 3

@filmmaker they took 78$ credit which i already had in my account. No Refund. Not been able to use to extend my domain even. How ridiculous!!

Message 4 of 3