x

Video Playback Lagging

I have been having issues with the video playback on my site now for months.  https://www.danielreinhart.com/videography.html I had contacted weebly support and was instructred to compress the file using HandBrake. This does not seem to help either. It is impossible to play on any device or connection. I have tried multiple videos on multiple devices with no luck. I'm starting to think Weebly has all the looks and features people want but none actually function the way they should. Very disapointed. 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

I still have problems with Weebly video. I have two small videos, one is 55 seconds and the other 22 seconds. It takes a long time to load and the it stops several times during playback with a circle rotating in the middle. It' completely unusable.

The only response is "no problem here" and lot of other nonsense answers. I pay for this feature and I expect that it should work even if I don't sit close to a Weebly server.

Now I have given up and resort to YouTube. There it loads in a blink of an eye and plays without a hitch. And it's FREE.

This problem has been going on for years and the only effort I have seen is that Weebly tries to label this as a user error, which it isn't.

Message 29 of 28
Square

Hi @ Per_S I don't see where anyone said "no problem here" and I apologize if that is the sentiment you took away from anyone's response. It certainly wasn't the intention. Smiley Sad 

Can you please post a link to your site? Are you using the Pro plan for any other features aside from HD Video? 

Message 29 of 28

is there any plan to fix this ongoing issue with the video feature that we pay extra for?

Message 29 of 28
Square

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delay... At this point I'm not sure what the plans are to adjust the issue. Where are you located? If you post a url to the page with your video I can check to see if I also see a lag. 

Message 29 of 28

Same issue. I've always had problems with Weebly's video, whether it's uploads or playback or anything in between. Hadn't updated my site in a while, but I'm slowly getting back to it; uploaded a couple short vids the other day, went to check them out today...super lag. Playback is .5 seconds, then I get the spinny circle for 5 seconds, then another .5 seconds of playback, etc. Total disaster, and I 100% remember now why I stopped dealing with my Weebly site. 

I have zero issues with any other media playback, on any other site. But Weebly, which I pay for...still can't figure out how to make a simple yet critical thing like video function properly. 

Message 29 of 28
Square

I'm sorry for the frustration, @petepagano Video lag is usually most obvious for users that are farther from our servers, unfortunately. I can check to see how they load from my end if you verify the site url and page name. 

Message 29 of 28

It's amazing that over a year later, I'm still having the same issue. Distance from Weebly's servers is the problem? How is that a legit excuse for anything in 2021? I live in the center of the United States, in a metro area with 3 million people. We have solid internet, I'm running a decent iMac computer, and even after downsizing a video to only a couple hundred MB, I still can't play videos on my site without them buffering every 3 seconds. Literally no other device - phone, TV, Echo, tablet, etc. - or site performs as poorly as my site hosted by Weebly. Distance from servers? Really?!

Weebly should market itself as a time machine 'cause every time I have to deal with videos and my website I feel like I'm dealing with 1981 technology.

Message 29 of 28