x

Weebly Ads are Tacky and Unprofessional

I run a web agency and my brand is everything.  I like a lot of things about Weebly, but one thing that really drives me nuts is how annoying and tacky the upsell ads are.  They take away from the user experience, and brand Weebly as a low-quality CMS option to my clients.

A few examples of ads that should be dismissable:

1. The confirmation modal when publishing a site contains an upsell ad

2. The warning that email not setup on the DNS page because I'm not using Weebly email feature

3. The huge upsell tile in the most important location of the site dashboard

My clients are paying customers and don't all need every Weebly feature, so why can't you let us dismiss the ads for the love of god?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square

Have you considered using our Designer platform, @alanmagan? It doesn't include these prompts to upgrade, and is specifically designed for people managing and creating websites for clients:

https://www.weebly.com/dhpv.php

Message 9 of 13

I guess that is the price one would pay if they want an economical web hosting solution.  I don't find them tacky at all.  Better than pop ups you see the moment you land on a website selling crappy stuff.

Message 9 of 13

You aren't really getting my point. I'm willing to pay more money to make the ads go away.
Message 9 of 13

SUPER COOL! I didn't know about that! Thanks, man! Is there any way to migrate a personal account website to my designer account?
Message 9 of 13
Square

There isn't right now, but you could create a second account using a diferent email address for it.

Message 9 of 13

I'm not sure you understand my problem. I have a website on account X, and I need to transfer the website to my new designer account Y.
Message 9 of 13
Square

@alanmagan wrote:
I'm not sure you understand my problem. I have a website on account X, and I need to transfer the website to my new designer account Y.

It wouldn't be possible to transfer a site from one account to another, unfortunately. We can move a site from one account into a new account, but the new account would just be a standard account.

Message 9 of 13

@Adam I've considered the design platform but I can't get into the beta.

@alanmagan, @bobafett does have a point. You have to remember that when you're talking about the internet, Free means, "Paid for by advertising." Nothing is ever free. If Adam says the Designer Platform could be a solution for you thenI would sign up for the beta and try it (if you can get in).

Also, to ad to Adam's sugguestion (it's kinf of like what I've done) once you make your designer account, you should be allowed to invite collaborators. Just invite your current account. sure you'll have to export your theme and put in a little work transfering text/data things. but after that, it's prestty seamless. 

Message 14 of 13

Hey there! Just as a heads up, the standard Designer platform is still available here.

Message 14 of 13

Oh!, Thank you @Queso!

Edit: Crap, I'm all out of email addresses haha.

student e-mail: Educator Account ironically

Personal: Personal account - deleted for experiment

Junk E-mail: new Personal account

A few days ago I just asked to revive my deleted account but I don't wnat to create a new gmail. If I do it's going to be something like obnoxious, WeeblysMostWanted@gmail.com, or ExecutiveAdvisingServices.Weebly@gmail.com, hmmm.. this is fun...

• OperationPingingtheGibson@gmail.com - Reference
  • OfficialWeeblyStaffAntagonist@gmail.com
  • WeeblyEmailSupport@gmail.com (get it? Email suport? Not their own server? I crack myself up)
  • WebleeSpaleengCh3kOpr8r@gmale.com
  • OfficialUnoffocialWeebly-Rodeo-ClownTeamManager_TechnicalSupportConsultant_AndContentManagementConsultantWhosServicesHaveYetToBeRequested@gmail.com
  • INowHaveEveryTypeOfWeeblyPublicAccounts@gmail.com
  • WeeblyAddictionServices@gmail.com
  • WeeblyBecauseNoOneElseWouldTakeGiveMeAnAccount@gmail.com - They might be regretting this decision at this very moment.
  • Weebly_SoYouDontHaveTo@gmail.com
Message 14 of 13

I have a domain and google account registered under account X, so it's not that simple. But thanks.
Message 14 of 13

Oh cool, then you're set!

Best of luck!
Message 14 of 13