x

Weebly development enviro is completely unprofessional

I have a paid site. Since weebly lacks a sandbox, in the past when doing a redesign I just created a starter site and then had the paid site and domain repointed. In fact the last time I needed to do this, that's what Weebly support told me to do!   Now weebly tells me that is not possible unless I purchased my domain from them.  I asked if they could simply republish one site to the other - no can do. With no development or testing area -the answer is simple.  Weebly is not a real consideration for anyone serious about being online.  Save the hassles and go elsewhere. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

It sounds like there might have been a bit of miscommunication. If you've upgraded a site to Starter, you can definitely use a domain name from somewhere else. We can also move a paid subscription from one site to another, if you've got a live site and a new development site that you want to switch a domain to.

Message 5 of 4

Hello, 

I am very interested in this as we have set-up a landing page for our client http://www.strathblair.com/ using the paid starter plan. 

However, we are developing the site using a copy of this site. How do we go about switching the paid plan from one site to the other when we flip the IP address on the DNS pre-launch?

Many thanks, Peter

Message 5 of 4

Hello Peter!

If you delete the landing page site, you should have the option to move the plan to another site. And of course, our team here will be glad to move the plan for you as well, if you encounter any issues.

Message 5 of 4