x

Where are the uploaded files stored?

Where are the uploaded files stored? Some pages aren't (and shouldn't be) published at this time that have content that needs to be accessed.  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

The files you upload to your site are all stored in a single directory. To remove a file, you need to delete the element that you used to upload it. If you don't have a way to do that (for example, if you deleted the page that had the element on it), our team can remove the file for you.

Message 13 of 12

I uploaded a file A, then I uploaded another one (file B), now I want to delete the file A because I no longer need it.

(note that this is a simple example, but still useful for many situations)

How can I delete the file A?

Thanks

Message 13 of 12
Square

To do that you need to delete the element you used to upload file A. That will unfortunately also delete file B if you used the same element to upload both, though you could add a new element afterward to upload B again.

Message 13 of 12

I have Weebly. I was told by Paypal that it is not safe to store the files I use for customers to purchase books, on my personal computer. Where then, do I safely store those files? Does Weebly have a storage capacity function? Thanks. Tom.

Message 13 of 12
Square Community Moderator

@writerman Why has Paypal told you it's not safe to store your files on a computer? I want to help, but want to better understand the question as well. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 12

Hi Adam, 

I would like to delete a file that I uploaded long ago and can't find its page. The directory is http://www.iuniqueu.com/uploads/2/9/1/3/29138767/najla.pdf
Can you help me with this?

Thanks!

Message 13 of 12
Square

Hi @absoluties! I can definitely help with that; I've removed the file for you. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Message 13 of 12

Thanks a lot!

Message 13 of 12
Square

Not a problem!

Message 13 of 12

Hi Adam, do I need a team member to do that during business hours or is it a 24/7 thing? I have an emergency with a file I need deleted

Message 13 of 12
Square

If you use live chat you should be able to get that deleted pretty quickly. I just sent you a PM to follow up, though.

Message 13 of 12