x

Where have the backgrounds gone?

Inside the site editor on my developer sites and pro sites, the background images and colours have stopped appearing. Luckily they are still visible in the published front ends but this does look a bit amateur to clients when they go into use the cms.

I've tried different browsers- the fault is consistent across them.

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

This is indeed fixed - I forgot to update this thread about it. Smiley Tongue

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Sorry for the trouble, we haven't been able to see that effect here yet. Could you let us know a specific example? Reproducing the issue here would be a great help in making sure we can get it cleared up.

Message 10 of 9

This I believe is linked to the issues we're seeing too

It's almost like the Weebly dashboard is unable to read the file paths native to the theme in the weebly dashboard.

Some other threads that appear to be linked:

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Themes/Purchased-Theme-suddenly-broken-by-Weebly-Update-or-Change/m-...

and

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Site-Editor/Editor-not-previewing-correctly-after-editing-CSS/m-p/77...

Message 10 of 9

Same issue here (among others):

www.freehand.dk

www.danskbiogasraadgivning.dk

Message 10 of 9
Square

I have a ticket open with our engineers about it, so hopefully this should get fixed soon. Sorry for the trouble!

Message 10 of 9

Thanks for the responses so far - Yes it does appear we are talking about the same fault. I'd done more testing to see if it was a browser error and had tried it on Win and Mac, Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox - all show the fault consistently. This is affecting all of my pro sites and  developer sites (20+)

As requested here is a couple of snippets of the problem....

First, this is the front end looking as it should:

And this is how it appears in the Editor...

Note that not only is the background image from the header is missing, also the grey colour to the body is absent - the footer isn't visible but is affected in much the same way.

Message 10 of 9

Think this might be fixed now... everything looks a lot better in the Weebly dashboard for us...

Thanks for getting it sorted out Weebly! took a little longer than we'd have liked, but we got there in the end Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 9

Yep - looking better at my end also. Thank you.

Nice themes Webfire -  I will definitely keep those in mind.

Message 10 of 9
Square

Best Answer

This is indeed fixed - I forgot to update this thread about it. Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 9