x

Arabic weebly

Hi. I wonder if Weebly will be working on right-to-left languages such as Arabic. I am trying to create a website in Arabic but the options are minimal: fonts, search not working, direction issues, etc. It would be great to have these issues fixed. Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there!

I am not aware of any plans to implement this change at this time, however that is a great suggestion!

Would you mind sharing your suggestion at our Vote on Features section so that others might be able to comment your suggestion as well?

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/idb-p/IdeaExchange

Message 2 of 6

Hello,

We do not offer support at the moment. However, you can make some changes in the html to convert to the right to left writing style.

You can access the html editor by going to the 'Themes' tab. Click edit html/css on the lower left. You will see your html files here. To learn what changes to make visit the following site. 

http://www.i18nguy.com/markup/right-to-left.html

I also advise that you use a theme with a vertical menu like our theme Squared here or mobile style menu that uses the hamburger icon to display the sites navigation.Such as our theme Slick here

Internet Explorer doesn't play well with horizontal menus that are right to left. 

Please note that you should have some understanding of HTML before making these changes. Our support team does not assist with custom changes. Be sure to make a backup of your files. Copy and paste the code found in the html files that you change into a plain text editor like Notepad on a PC or text edit on a Mac. Save theme with the same titles just in case you need them. 

As for fonts. The most commonly used fonts for Arabic are Verdana and Arial. You can try some of the other sans-sheriff fonts, but it isn't a guarantee that they will support Arabic. You can always change fonts by going to the 'Themes' tab and click 'Change Fonts'.

I hope this information helps. 

Message 3 of 6

I second this issue. Hopefully Weebly will be able to fix this soon.

Message 4 of 6

and I third that! 

We need Weebly to have better Arabic language support. My blog currently look poor because of the lack of support for right-to-left writing format.

Message 5 of 6

until now all thing bad, I will going to wix
Message 6 of 6